• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    McNeil Pharma has issued a recall on some very popular children's meds. If you have these in your medicine chest take a look at the site and act accordingly.
    The meds are:

Children's and Infants Tylenol
    Children's and Infants Motrin
    Children's Zyrtec
    Children's Benedryl

For more info check out McNeil's website for the recall.

McNeil's Recall Page

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FYI the childrens tylenol in out cabinets, both suspension AND drops, is on that recall list.

FWIW, I both those bottles a year or two ago, this recall spans a couple of years, so check EVERY bottle. One of mine from the diaper bag is being recalled but expired 3 months ago.

Talk about "late notice" !

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    I just got the memo today about the recall via text, seriously thought one of my friends was playing a joke until I called the recall center number. Kinda shocking because I just gave my infant son the meds yesterday. Not real good when you have three bottles of childrens tylenol too, guess I will have to use the Target knockoff stuff now.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    McNeil Pharma has issued a recall on some very popular children's meds. If you have these in your medicine chest take a look at the site and act accordingly.
    The meds are:

Children's and Infants Tylenol
    Children's and Infants Motrin
    Children's Zyrtec
    Children's Benedryl

For more info check out McNeil's website for the recall.

McNeil's Recall Page

My wife was just checking these not even an hour ago, but thanks for the heads-up!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Perhaps these lots were distributed around the Midwest. I just threw out some Infant Tylenol and Infant Motrin that are on the lists.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been away from the media for a few days so this was quite helpful.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Perhaps these lots were distributed around the Midwest. I just threw out some Infant Tylenol and Infant Motrin that are on the lists.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been away from the media for a few days so this was quite helpful.

They will have to issue vouchers or allow returns/exchanges. Don't pitch them.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    FYI the childrens tylenol in out cabinets, both suspension AND drops, is on that recall list.

FWIW, I both those bottles a year or two ago, this recall spans a couple of years, so check EVERY bottle. One of mine from the diaper bag is being recalled but expired 3 months ago.

Talk about "late notice" !

Same for me, I just had one but it expired in january!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's how to get your money back if you have recalled product. Don't throw them away (or get them back out of the garbage).

via NYTimes

For the record, to get your refund or coupons, you can call the company at 1-888-222-6036, send an e-mail message to the company through a link on its recall site or request that it call you. That said, according to my colleague Natasha Singer’s article today, people who managed to get through to the company on the phone over the weekend were encountering phone representatives who were only offering coupons.
    When I explained all of this to Bonnie Jacobs, a spokeswoman for McNeil, she thanked me for raising the issue and said the company would work with consumers case by case to address any concerns about the refund process. So if you threw out your medicine but still want your money back, I’d suggest getting in touch and making the request.

Top Bottom