• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is one that may well hit a lot of people.

Kroger is recalling its ground cinnamon, garlic powder, coarse ground black pepper and Bac’n Buds products due to possible salmonella contamination, the chain announced Monday.

And it's not just the main Kroger brand, either. The spices from their other branches is also affected.

The following stores are included in the recall: Kroger, Ralphs, Food 4 Less, Foods Co., Fred Meyer, Fry’s, King Soopers, City Market, Smith’s, Dillons, Baker’s, Gerbes, Jay C, Ruler Foods, Pay Less, Owen’s, and Scott’s.

If you have any of them you can return them to the store for a full refund. Then buy some better spices.

Kroger brand products recalled for possible salmonella contamination | WISH-TV

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thanks to the alchemy of this man I have nothing to worry about....

Tony Chachere is the John Moses Browning of spices.......

tonyc.jpg

But thanks for posting that mrjarrell.....Salmonella is nothing to sneeze at...(Unless you are wearing Depends then sneeze away...:))

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    FYI- These are all bulk-sized packages. The smallest is the 12oz bacon bits. This does not affect the regular sized packages.

Let me be crystal clear about this. The affected product "Bac 'n Buds", is an abortion of a pretender made from soy.

Anyone who buys it, consumes it, and dies of salmonella- deserves exactly what they get. Their children are better off as orphans.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let me be crystal clear about this. The affected product "Bac 'n Buds", is an abortion of a pretender made from soy.

Anyone who buys it, consumes it, and dies of salmonella- deserves exactly what they get. Their children are better off as orphans.

It's just a plant!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Personal responsibility!

I can't disagree with this. Soy contains phytoestrogens, which can cause man-boobs. One minute, you're enjoying a salad with your Bac 'n Buds, and the next thing you know you're on the cover of Vanity Fair and being interviewed by Diane Sawyer.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    FYI- These are all bulk-sized packages. The smallest is the 12oz bacon bits. This does not affect the regular sized packages.

Yeah I just told my wife. We have one of the recalled 18.3 oz buckets of cinnamon, but since we're about 7/8 of the way through, she says we're probably ok.

Thank goodness I buy all my "staple" spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, etc.) at Aldi.

Most of our stuff comes from Aldi, too. Great store.

Top Bottom