• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I got a text message from someone today saying, "pass this on if you remember the victims of 9/11". Have we really come to the point were a f*%king text message suffices to show out sympathy of something that happened of this importance???

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I know how I plan on showing my support and remembrance of the ppl who lost their lives 9 yrs ago......at the voting booth. Any incumbents are getting voted out on my ticket, they have lost their job, as far as I'm concerned.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I know how I plan on showing my support and remembrance of the ppl who lost their lives 9 yrs ago......at the voting booth. Any incumbents are getting voted out on my ticket, they have lost their job, as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree!!! Rep coming after I spread it around some.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm trying to think of something really intelligent to say but I'm kind of stupid so I will try anyway.

I've of a similar ilk when people sent me texts about something catastrophic or in the form of a chain-message.

I remember 9/11 in my own way. My own way is not sending out half-arsed lazy text messages to friends reminding them. Chances are if they forgot it was 9/11, they weren't really paying attention to things anyway.

At the root of the issue is something even bigger and that is America's lack of attention span or the ability (or inability) to take anything serious. I suffer from the later a bit more than I should. It is easy to become sarcastic, disillusioned or disenchanted.

We see this attitude reflected in voter attendance and the amount of time a person spends bringing about the change they want to see in the world... versus how much time they spend on facebook or something equally mundane (guilty again!).

I'm not saying I have the answers... I'm not saying I'm a model example either but I heard you loud and clear, Gamez.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I remember Colin Powell talking about our future wars, and how terrorism would play a part, and remembered thinking to myself then that we'd been extraordinarily lucky up to that point to avoid major attacks. I also remember thinking that if the first attacks on the WTC were any indication, then whatever terrorist group did succeed in an attack would probably take quite a few of us out.
    It saddened me then to think that we'd be joining lots of other western countries who've had to deal with attacks on their own soil. The french come to mind. It seems to me that they're not so much cowards, as just tired. Terrorists have been bombing in Paris for over 100 years. After their experiences in Algeria, and the devastation they've suffered since on their own streets, I believe they've just become a little tired.
    On the day it came, I do remember just being sad at the thought of the lives lost that day, and in the days that were to come, as we took the fight back to them.
    Welcome to an unwilling fraternity, America. The acts of heroism were very inspiring, but the fact that it had finally happened was just saddening.
    I also wondered how long our own people would be up for a prolonged struggle with an unconventional enemy. I must admit they've risen to the occasion far better than I'd thought they might. I think our basic will to win is as strong as ever, and that's heartening to me. And even though TSA is a mess and a pain in the butt, I think people are surprisingly patient with our increased security attitude. I worry about infringement of our rights, like lots of others, but I'm all for a basic level of screening. I think that seems to be a prevalant attitude.
    Our world has irreversibly changed, and not all for the better. I do think that in the long run we'll be a lot better off not thinking of the Mullahs as some crazy guys in a land far away, with no connection to our lives. It's all connected, and as the world continues to shrink, we will be challenged for our beliefs in freedom and democratically elected representative government. These things, which are so basic to the american character, are very scary thoughts to many of the powerful people in the world, and we'll have to defend them if we want to keep them.
    If anyone reading this has served our country in the days since 9/11, or before, for that matter, thank you. Some of us DO realize how much it means.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    A part of me is lost every September 11th that a reminder of any kind will never be needed. Just like when I was a small child and our President Kennedy was assasinated, I will always remember where I was and what I was doing. There is such unmeasureable saddness and sorrow that Hallmark would never be able to put together the words to best describe this on paper or thought. We each have our unique way of dealing with these memories and pray to which ever God we believe in. We try to be prepared for it to never happen again but you know that chances are that it might. The replies that are on this thread is proof that we will never forget the great loss that we sustained that day and hopefully made us stronger as a person, Family and as a Nation.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got a text message from someone today saying, "pass this on if you remember the victims of 9/11". Have we really come to the point were a f*%king text message suffices to show out sympathy of something that happened of this importance???

I guess the text is to renew remembrance in the recipient. Isn't that the same thing that's done on INGO or even with your thread? Everybody does a little something in their own way. At least it wasn't a message saying some of the other things some of our "citizens" say about the murderous tragedy of 9/11.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I seen people on the overpasses on 69N today with flags. I thought that was cool.

The main guy that organizes that every year is Bruce Musselman (He was named in a Fox59 story online, so I think it's ok to recognize him by name here). He's a pretty good friend of mine and he can be found sharing cigars with friends almost every weekend up in Noblesville. He's a good guy and a great patriot.

I've also gone on a few motorcycle rides with him. We did 450+ miles in one day over 4th of July. We rode up to Lansing MI, had lunch, and came back.

Just wanted to share a little about a friend of mine. He's a good guy.

THUMBS UP for your efforts, this year and every year, Bruce.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I guess the text is to renew remembrance in the recipient. Isn't that the same thing that's done on INGO or even with your thread? Everybody does a little something in their own way. At least it wasn't a message saying some of the other things some of our "citizens" say about the murderous tragedy of 9/11.

I have to agree.

I read the comments of a woman on FB who said she didn't think we needed to remember/commemorate 9/11 anymore. I'd rather 10 texts that actually acknowledge it than her idea of "moving on." Besides, in today's world, text is a the way some people communicate. At least the sender cared enough to send it on.

Top Bottom