• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Wow. Nicely done. Presents the historical basis for the second amendment. Certainly not something I would expect to see on CBS. The downside is that this was presented by one TV station in one media market.

[video=youtube_share;ONqcBKhikfk]http://youtu.be/ONqcBKhikfk[/video]

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Wow. Nicely done. Presents the historical basis for the second amendment. Certainly not something I would expect to see on CBS. The downside is that this was presented by one TV station in one media market.

[video=youtube_share;ONqcBKhikfk]http://youtu.be/ONqcBKhikfk[/video]

Tried to rep you, but it would not let me ..... Thanks, great piece ......

That EVERY able bodied man be armed, AND, some of us not so able bodied .....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Liberals heads explode when they hear that the original intent of the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to defense against an oppressive government.

"ITS DANGEROUS AND OUTDATED!!!" :runaway:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    wow, what a good vid. It'd be nice if they ran something like that nationally. (even if they made it a point-counterpoint type debate)

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    nicely done.
    I hate how everyone wants to "re-interpret" the Constitution.
    It was written so anybody could understand and it would not need to be "interpreted" to implement.
    "the peoples right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is pretty plain and simple

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    nicely done.
    It was written so anybody could understand and it would not need to be "interpreted" to implement.
    "the peoples right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is pretty plain and simple

I just wish that our forefathers had used a little more forethought and emphasized the part about the civilians right to have exactly the same armament as the military.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    nicely done.

Remember, lots of folks today grew up in an era where the President of the United States defended dispicable acts by questioning what the definition of 'is' is. In today's world, if you don't like what something says, and cannot change it, you simply reinterpret it to fit your current political goal.

A government turning against its own people? Come on, that could NEVER happen here! Right?

Not as long as the 2nd Ammendment is respected! I need to go buy another AR now. :rockwoot:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just wish that our forefathers had used a little more forethought and emphasized the part about the civilians right to have exactly the same armament as the military.
    Remember that all of the weapons used at this time were commonly available to the public. Naval Ships were in most part privately owned. They had no reason to include this, because it was a given at that time, what the military used was the same as what the average citizen used.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

Forethought? Like they should have known automatic weapons were just over the horizon, huh? :): At the time, citizens did have exactly the same armament as the military.

As for redefining, the ACLU would redefine "the people" as used in the 2nd Amendment as meaning "the state militia". The simplest argument to refute that would be this.....If it applies to the 2nd, it follows that it must apply to the others! Try plugging in "the state militia" everywhere "the people" is used in all the other amendments and see how intelligent it sounds.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Gun rights were so common the founders did not include the 2nd amendment in the original draft. The majority of the the colonies refused to sign remembering the oppressive governments they came to America to escape from.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pudly again.

I'd love to give Ben Swann some rep, too.
    Oh, and I'd also love to pelt Jeffrey Toobin with rotten tomatoes.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Forethought? Like they should have known automatic weapons were just over the horizon, huh? :): At the time, citizens did have exactly the same armament as the military.

As for redefining, the ACLU would redefine "the people" as used in the 2nd Amendment as meaning "the state militia". The simplest argument to refute that would be this.....If it applies to the 2nd, it follows that it must apply to the others! Try plugging in "the state militia" everywhere "the people" is used in all the other amendments and see how intelligent it sounds.

Except there were automatic guns available before the 2nd Amendment was drafted. I always love that argument from anti's. Look up the Belton Flintlock.

Top Bottom