• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is typical since their product is in such demand. It is better to not charge your card prior to shipping the product in my opinion. However, I have moved this thread to their section and hopefully you can get a better response from them.

You can get one made while you wait at the 1500 in January, but hopefully you will have yours by then.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Aug 5, 2010
    Thank you to everyone for the quick replies! I apologize for not posting this in the correct forum. I sincerely appreciate the help.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2008
    Safe to multiply the estimated wait by 1.5.... It'll get to you and you'll like it!!

-J-

dom1104

Shooter
    Mar 23, 2010
    It will get to you eventually.

I have 3. and 4 double mag holders.

Very nice holsters.

I especially like the mag pouches. nothing is floppy. nice and tight. <which is a good thing in a lot of areas of life.>

Booya

Expert
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Also (at least in Indiana), once you charge someone's credit card you legally have to ship it out within 7 days. That probably explains why you haven't seen the charge yet.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What makes these holster so good that people are willing to wait so dang long for one? or is it simply because they advertise here? I've not had the chance to check one of these holsters out but seriously how good can a piece of plastic with belt clips be? I assume this is a small "at home" one man outfit?

Integraholic

Master
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    What makes these holster so good that people are willing to wait so dang long for one? or is it simply because they advertise here? I've not had the chance to check one of these holsters out but seriously how good can a piece of plastic with belt clips be? I assume this is a small "at home" one man outfit?
    It's kinda like a really awesome cheeseburger. You hear people rant and rave about the burger, but you think, "It's just a burger." Then you bite into one. An RCS Phantom really just needs to be experienced before it can be truly appreciated.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Raven is just about as far from a small "at home one man outfit" as you can get. They have large .mil contracts and build thousands of holsters annually. Raven holsters are purpose-built and have been constantly tested and refined. There is nothing as good as wearing a nice holster and being comfortable in it all day. There are several companies that make holsters that I would call nice and Raven is one of them. All I can tell you is to try one out. I virtually guarantee that you will not be disappointed with it.

VUPDblue

Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Oh, and for the OP, look Raven up on Facebook. They are posting what range of order numbers are in production, about to be in production, and are shipping out. Just compare their posts with your order number and your question will likely be answered. HTH.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd love to get a Raven. Just not sure which one TO get.

Get to Raven's booth at the next 1500 show early. They will help you.
    My advice;
    Get a Phantom. It will come set up for OWB. Buy the soft loops so you can convert it to IWB and back as you choose.

Might as well get a mag holder while you are there.

dom1104

Shooter
    Mar 23, 2010
    I'd love to get a Raven. Just not sure which one TO get.

Kinda depends on what you want to do with the gun eh Lovemachine?

:dunno:

I shoot IDPA, so I need at least 3 mag holders, and some steel challenge so I need 4 for that.

So my current raven inventory is.... drumroll.....

1 1911 full size w/ magpul cut + 2 double mag holders
    1 M&P w/ threaded barrel + TLR1 light w/ magpul cut
    1 M&P w/ threaded barrel w/ magpul cut + 2 double mag holders and 1 single mag holder.

The 1911 holster I use for competition, the M&P with the light I use to secure the gun for HD use, the M&P without the light I use for competition.

I use... none of my raven holsters for CCW. I have found options that work better in that respect for me, not that I couldnt and wouldnt be OK with it in a Raven. I like Raven products a lot as a OWB, not so much IWB.

I am 100% satisfied with my Raven products, and Tom Fineas is a great guy to deal with on the phone or in person. Lord knows I kept adding stuff to my order....buggin the crap out of him.

VUPDblue

Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    How comfortable is the Raven compared to the MTAC as a IWB holster?

Apples to oranges. I can't wear Kydex against my beautifully soft and supple skin, it just irritates me too much. If you are a guy who is rough and tough, like a real man, then the Raven is no problem IWB.

Seriously, I prefer a hybrid holster for IWB carry because there are times that it gets worn under an un-tucked shirt and that puts the holster right up against the skin. I am not comfortable like that so I run a hybrid, like the MTAC. If Kydex doesn't bother you then the Raven will be just fine as an IWB rig.

dom1104

Shooter
    Mar 23, 2010
    How comfortable is the Raven compared to the MTAC as a IWB holster?

I would personally not reccomend it as a IWB holster.

Unless your body is PERFECTLY contoured to its rather permanent curvature, it is not going to conform to your side like a leather MTAC would.

But thats just me and my pudly bod. :)

Top Bottom