• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Been interested in one of your holsters for awhile now, I have 3 of the 9mm Glocks. If I get one for my G17 will my 19 and 26 work well in it? Or should I just get one for my 19 or 26? Man choices and choices! :): Thanks, once I figure this out I am ordering one!!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think I just answered my own question by searching the forum. :): So my only question before I order is if I get one for the G26 will is be shorter overall than the G17 holster? Or are they all the same overall lenght and just molded deeper for the bigger gun? Thanks!

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Each holster is molded specifically to that model. A 26 holster is shorter than a 19 than a 17.

They grip on the front of the trigger guard, so a 17 may work for all three, but not a 100% as Glock is known for variations in the molds even when all are the same generation.

The benefits of the subcompact holsters compliment the benefits of a sub compact gun. Less gun and less holster to deal with. One holster for a mid and full size would be OK, but one holster for all three I think you would be selling yourself short.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Each holster is molded specifically to that model. A 26 holster is shorter than a 19 than a 17.

They grip on the front of the trigger guard, so a 17 may work for all three, but not a 100% as Glock is known for variations in the molds even when all are the same generation.

The benefits of the subcompact holsters compliment the benefits of a sub compact gun. Less gun and less holster to deal with. One holster for a mid and full size would be OK, but one holster for all three I think you would be selling yourself short.

I came to that same conclusion as I looked at pictures of various kydex holsters. Thanks much! :yesway:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    A Glock 19 Raven will work with a Glock 26. I know this because that's what I have. :D

I'm unsure if a Glock 26 will work with a Glock 19 though.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    From our FAQ:

11) Will my firearm fit a holster designed for a different firearm?

Our holsters are built to spec for each item they are designed to hold. That said, there is some crossover that will allow other models to fit. Typically, a smaller gun of the same make will fit in the holster for the full size version.

Example- A Glock 34 holster will carry a 17, 19, or 26 without issue (as well as the 40SW and 357Sig versions of those guns). Same goes for light compatible holsters, as long as the light is mounted on the smaller gun.

Firearms with a thumb safety can create an issue. A holster built for an M&P45 without thumb safety will NOT fit an M&P45 with thumb safety. The sweat shield of the holster will impede the thumb safety model from being inserted.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    So, a holster that's made for a Glock 26 will also allow a Glock 19/17 fit into it as well?

No.

They're molded to the specific gun you order. It just so happens the 26 is the same dimensions as the 17 and 19 only shorter. That's why a smaller gun will fit in a holster made for a bigger one, but not the other way around.

I took a quick pic to show you what I mean...

RCSholstercompare-L.jpg

That's a holster for a 17 with my 26 sitting on top. If you were to buy the model specific for the 26, the holster wouldn't have that extra barrel length you see sticking out from the 26 (making the holster too short for a 19 or 17). Hope all that makes sense.

Here's one specifically built for the 26 (stole this pic from the classifieds) to help clarify what I'm saying. You can see how short the kydex for the barrel is and that a 17 or 19 wouldn't fit...

pictures6262011063.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    From our FAQ:

11) Will my firearm fit a holster designed for a different firearm?

Our holsters are built to spec for each item they are designed to hold. That said, there is some crossover that will allow other models to fit. Typically, a smaller gun of the same make will fit in the holster for the full size version.

Example- A Glock 34 holster will carry a 17, 19, or 26 without issue (as well as the 40SW and 357Sig versions of those guns). Same goes for light compatible holsters, as long as the light is mounted on the smaller gun.

Firearms with a thumb safety can create an issue. A holster built for an M&P45 without thumb safety will NOT fit an M&P45 with thumb safety. The sweat shield of the holster will impede the thumb safety model from being inserted.

Top Bottom