• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

Sometimes a rifle comes along that just needs to be in your collection, even if it isn’t what the main focus of your collection is, this is just such a rifle.

It’s a 42 Finn B-Barrel M91 built on a round receiver in a 2 piece Finn stock. The rifle barrel has the VKT proof stamp and a pristine bore. I do not believe rifle has been fired since importation since most of the metal is still covered with cosmoline . With no more than a dozen of these floating around the states I figured it would make a fine edition to go with my B-Barrel M39.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Love the "knot hole" repair.....It's just sooooooo "Finnish"!!! John the plinker was down Saturday...We made fun of you all day (until 2pm) and then Doggydaddy was down Thursday and we made of of you then as well....The point being...It's funner to make fun of you when you are here...Wait..What's that?...

I think I just heard a boiler crash!!!!! Millertyme come quick!!!!!

Nice Finny Brother...Very nice.....I was so pleased to see you get another Mosin...Two is never enough...:rolleyes:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Love the "knot hole" repair.....It's just sooooooo "Finnish"!!! John the plinker was down Saturday...We made fun of you all day (until 2pm) and then Doggydaddy was down Thursday and we made of of you then as well....The point being...It's funner to make fun of you when you are here...Wait..What's that?...

I think I just heard a boiler crash!!!!! Millertyme come quick!!!!!

Nice Finny Brother...Very nice.....I was so pleased to see you get another Mosin...Two is never enough...:rolleyes:

Thanks Rick, and speaking of that boiler, well........ :horse: ........looks like I will be down that way to replace the last one that died under warranty. :shady:

whats that make...........5 under warranty, :spend: Looks like the customer needs to find a different boiler to install.:rofl:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    That's a great old Finn. Congrats on the obscure find! Nowhere near as rare, but I've got a 1939 M28/30 Sk.Y Sako with the D barrel that I've had for years, now. Love that rifle!

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Congrats!!! Not too many round receiver late Finnish m91s out there!! Guess that makes the receiver a Winter War capture?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Cool knot hole repair... To think of the extra time it took someone to cut that.. Ok Save me the search on Google, why are there only a few floating around????????? Nice rifle

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Cool knot hole repair... To think of the extra time it took someone to cut that.. Ok Save me the search on Google, why are there only a few floating around????????? Nice rifle

The Finn's perfered to use the older recycled hex reciever to make there rifles, and only started to use the newer round recievers starting with the production of the Tikka 91/30's (M30) in 1943 due to a lack of usable hex recievers. The B- Barrel Finn M91's & M39's where all produced after 1944 (even though the barrels are dated 1942) and had the same problem of finding usable hex recievers to be built on.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Congrats!!! Not too many round receiver late Finnish m91s out there!! Guess that makes the receiver a Winter War capture?

Either Winter War or Continuation War capture since round reciever production started in 1935 (Izhevsk) & 1936 (Tula). Thought about pulling the barreled action from the stock to check the tang date but one of the barrel bands are staked and i dont want to pull it just to check the tang date.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The Finn's perfered to use the older recycled hex reciever to make there rifles, and only started to use the newer round recievers starting with the production of the Tikka 91/30's (M30) in 1943 due to a lack of usable hex recievers. The B- Barrel Finn M91's & M39's where all produced after 1944 (even though the barrels are dated 1942) and had the same problem of finding usable hex recievers to be built on.

Thanks for the Education, I did not know that... Many thanks for sharing

Top Bottom