• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So aweek ago I took a pair True Spec pants to Jim@Jaime's to have them hemmed. My wife had measured them and even put in a stitch to hold the measurement. Initially, I was planning on having her hem them but she was just too busy so I took them in to the nearest place.... So Jim (hispanic immigrant of somesort) says "Peoplein the US just don't know how to sew anymore." I think, Ok as a rule thats probably true.

So, I come back to get my pants and I take them home. Once I get home, I looked at them and saw that it was a total hack job. The hemline is all over the place, he has sewn a fold into the hem and there are places where the thread is already frayed. :xmad:

The next day, I took them back for a refund. I showed them to Jim and he says "Whats wrong with them?" At this point I want to say "You let your 5year old hem them, thats whats wrong with them." But I show him the mistakes. He says "this happens from time to time." :dunno:

At that point he offers to re-do it, but my confidence is low and I told him I just wanted my money back because I was taking them elsewhere. Of course he refused. I told him that I was going to do all that I could to make sure noone ever brought anything there again. All this out of principle and I hope he loses more than the $12 he stole from me. Was thinking of filing a claim in small claims court. I'm feeling bored...

BUT the biggest joke of all is that he was busting on the US because we can't sew. :n00b:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    He did a pair of assless chaps and miniskirt for me with no problems. He did a great job and I look pretty good in them. :rockwoot:

huds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Probably would have just been better off to have your wife do them. would have saved a little money and frustration. I am a bit shorter so usually I have to get my pants hemmed if i want them to fit right. I am not sure if they still do it but Bratemans will do them for a small fee. Something to keep in mind.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Probably would have just been better off to have your wife do them. would have saved a little money and frustration. I am a bit shorter so usually I have to get my pants hemmed if i want them to fit right. I am not sure if they still do it but Bratemans will do them for a small fee. Something to keep in mind.

No would have been better off doing it himself. It's 1 straight line bar stitch man.

Sucks you got a hack-job OP, it's a PIA to find anywhere that does decent alterations anymore.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think Brateman's still does that kind of work; if not, try Gogos tailoring on E. State...George has always done good work for me on uniform alterations.

Top Bottom