• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4GvnSnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't sure exactly where to put it.

Can anyone recommend a range that has a lot of handgun rental options? I really want to shoot several different handguns and I'm not sure exactly which range to go to. Indianapolis or Lafayette area would be preferred but really anywhere will work.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    In Indy, you could try Family Indoor Shooting Range. Would I recommend them? Not really. But, they do have a decent selection of handguns to rent, and it's way better than going to Don's Guns. Not much of a choice here.
    I used to go there a lot, but I stopped because I got tired of people pointing loaded guns at me without realizing what they were doing. Anyone can just walk in there and shoot without any sort of gun safety knowledge or training. Anyway, that's a whole other discussion... :rolleyes:

There's another new place in town I haven't been to yet. Indy Trading Post. Not sure if they do rentals. Give them a call.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't sure exactly where to put it.

Can anyone recommend a range that has a lot of handgun rental options? I really want to shoot several different handguns and I'm not sure exactly which range to go to. Indianapolis or Lafayette area would be preferred but really anywhere will work.

Thanks!

If Lafayette is an option then Applied Ballistics isn't bad. They've got a pretty good selection, the range is indoors if you like that and I've found the staff to be very kind and helpful.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    In Indy, you could try Family Indoor Shooting Range. Would I recommend them? Not really. But, they do have a decent selection of handguns to rent, and it's way better than going to Don's Guns. Not much of a choice here.
    I used to go there a lot, but I stopped because I got tired of people pointing loaded guns at me without realizing what they were doing. Anyone can just walk in there and shoot without any sort of gun safety knowledge or training. Anyway, that's a whole other discussion... :rolleyes:

There's another new place in town I haven't been to yet. Indy Trading Post. Not sure if they do rentals. Give them a call.

I've been to Indy Trading Post several times. They have around 15 to rent. Not usually a long wait if any. I'll be there again for sure.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette usually has 8 or 10 different semi autos and 6 or 8 revolvers. If your pockets are deep enough they also usually have an Uzi and an M-16 for a little full auto rock and roll. Everyone should try a sub gun at least once in their lives.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

ITP is where I go to shoot, it's just down the road. They have a pretty good selection of rentals.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    If you are south, check out Strictly Shooting in Evansville. Good rental choices, PLUS, they have a couple of NFA goodies to play with.... Overall though, I wouldn't purchase some items there as they are a tweed bit expensive. Still good for shooting though! Also, welcome to INGO!

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if they still do it but when Family Indoor was POP GUNS at one time you could test drive any used gun they had, as long as you bought their ammo. Not sure if that's still true. Haven't been in a looooong time.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Indy Trading post has at least 30 different pistols to rent and the price is RIGHT for the rentals and the range time.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    What is the rental price? I know at Pop Guns I could pay $11 and then shoot any of the guns I wanted (I had to supply/buy ammo).

Looking at getting a few of my friends into shooting, so it's best if I can make their first experience (i.e. shooting various weapons to see what they like or dislike) as cost-effective for them as possible.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette usually has 8 or 10 different semi autos and 6 or 8 revolvers. If your pockets are deep enough they also usually have an Uzi and an M-16 for a little full auto rock and roll. Everyone should try a sub gun at least once in their lives.

Id like to try a sub gun. Even though Im afraid of my wallet being alot lighter because of a new found addiction

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    What is the rental price? I know at Pop Guns I could pay $11 and then shoot any of the guns I wanted (I had to supply/buy ammo).

Looking at getting a few of my friends into shooting, so it's best if I can make their first experience (i.e. shooting various weapons to see what they like or dislike) as cost-effective for them as possible.
    I believe it's $10 rental and you have to buy ammo from them if you are shooting their pistol. Good news is they don't charge HUGE prices for ammo like some other places.
    Give them a call to find out for sure. 317-782-4867.. I believe they are open 11 to 5 on Sunday.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I believe it's $10 rental and you have to buy ammo from them if you are shooting their pistol. Good news is they don't charge HUGE prices for ammo like some other places.
    Give them a call to find out for sure. 317-782-4867.. I believe they are open 11 to 5 on Sunday.
    I go there regularly to shoot my own guns, just never looked into their rentals. I'll just ask them when I go there next :).

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Not sure if they still do it but when Family Indoor was POP GUNS at one time you could test drive any used gun they had, as long as you bought their ammo. Not sure if that's still true. Haven't been in a looooong time.

I believe pops is $15 for the gun rental then you have to buy their overpriced ammo. I've never rented a gun there so I'm not sure but I do have a membership to shoot there.

Top Bottom