• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Last week I picked up a new 10/22, that was customized by the shop I bought it from Acme Sports. I took some CCI mini-mags, Remington Yellow Jackets, and some Remington bulk. It came with a Butler Creek 25 round mag, and my Dad gave me two factory 10 round mags from when he used to have a 10/22. Everything went smooth at first, except it did not like the Yellow Jackets. Then toward the end with the last two mags loaded with the mini-mags I had problems. I would chamber a round, it would fire and eject the casing. The bolt would go all the way into battery, but the next round would not fire. All the ammo was from the same box. So I'm going to strip her down, and make sure everything looks good and give her a good lube. Also I'm not real fond of the scope that's on it. It's a Fire-Fly which I can find no info on them. Also the brightness settings only go to 7, and with the sun to my back it was hard to see the dot. So I may replace it with a Bushnell with multiple reticles to choose from, or another type of scope. I'm going to try and get it back to the range this weekend. May get a new scope tomorrow.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    inspect the rounds from when the bolt was going forward but not firing, check for firing pin marks, sounds like the hammer maybe following, not uncommon with tabletop trigger jobs.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    inspect the rounds from when the bolt was going forward but not firing, check for firing pin marks, sounds like the hammer maybe following, not uncommon with tabletop trigger jobs.

There where no marks on the casings. Also the shop did not do anything to the trigger, it's completely stock. They just added the stock, rail, sites, and scope. Hopefully I can get it to the range again this weekend, so I can test fire it again. I'm going to tear it down still, just to see if I can visually see anything and make sure everything lubed well. I'll post again after my next range trip. I never had any problems, until the last two mags. I did notice the last few rounds, had an extremely large amount of wax on them.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    U.S. Patriot---I also got a 10/22 Sporter from Acme last month. About 300 rounds through it, with only a couple of FTF. Put a set of Tech-Sights on it, but have not gotten it sighted in yet. Box stock other than the sights. I only discovered Acme about 6 months ago, and love to go there. Wish I had found the place sooner.....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    U.S. Patriot---I also got a 10/22 Sporter from Acme last month. About 300 rounds through it, with only a couple of FTF. Put a set of Tech-Sights on it, but have not gotten it sighted in yet. Box stock other than the sights. I only discovered Acme about 6 months ago, and love to go there. Wish I had found the place sooner.....

Yeah Acme is a great shop :yesway::yesway:. I usually deal with Clint, he is the tall one. He has treated my Dad, and I very well. I traded another rifle for my 10/22. He gave me on my trade, what he could get one new for. The 10/22 was my second gun purchased from them. I have also bought a lot of ammo, a scope, rings, and such from them. Another place you should check out is in Reddington. His shop is right next to his home. His selection is not as big, but the owner Bob is a great guy. My Dad and I have done a lot of business with him. He treats us very well. I bought an FNP 9 stainless from him. He had $589 on it, but sold it to me for $529 OTD. In fact I bought my first handgun from him. Also he does not charge me sales tax on ammo. It's a bit past the S curve on 31 going South. It's on the right hand side, and he has a sign in his yard. Next time you are up that way, stop by and give his shop a look.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Try shooting some of the federal 550 bulk pack.My 10/22 loves it and just about the only thing it will run on with next to no issues.Acme is a great gunshop.Everytime i go shoot at crosley on the way back i always gotta stop in and see what new goodies they have in there.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Try shooting some of the federal 550 bulk pack.My 10/22 loves it and just about the only thing it will run on with next to no issues.Acme is a great gunshop.Everytime i go shoot at crosley on the way back i always gotta stop in and see what new goodies they have in there.

Ok I'll give it a try. I have a box of Federal, Remington, and Winchester bulk packs. I have never had a problem with mini-mags in any .22. That's what my Dad shot through his 10/22. I'm hoping between trying other ammo, and giving her a good oil it will fix the problem. I'm not not giving up hope yet, because today was my first range trip with it. Acme does always have some nice tricked out rifles. I really like that 700 .308 with Mueller scope they have in there. If I had the money, and could afford to shoot it I would buy it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom