• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was finally able to shoot the newest member of the family this weekend!

Firearm in question is a Smith & Wesson M&P 9c, no mag safety, + thumb safety.

I only shot 150 rounds through it, but had absolutely ZERO malfunctions what-so-ever.

50 rds Remington UMC, 50 S&B, 50 Blazer Brass. All FMJ and all 115gr.

This is one of the softest shooting 9mm pistols that I've ever fired, especially for a polymer frame!

I have 4 total magazines for this pistol; but only one with the finger extension. The thing is easy enough to control without the extensions, and is just a honey-pot with 'em. I should be getting 3 more extensions from S&W this week for the other magazines.

My quibbles: Thumb safety. It's in the way. I don't know if that means that I need to "cut it down" like is recommended for the addition of a Crimson Trace grip... or if I should just remove it.

Also, I seem to be shooting this pistol both low and left. I think the low issue is from the gun (low front sight?). But since I shot another pistol "left" yesterday, too, I'm prepared to blame that on the shooter. :D

All in all, I really like the M&P. It's well on its way to becoming a carry weapon, the purpose for which I intended.

-J-

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have been thinking real hard on a M&P .40 I have yet to fire one but I sure like the way they look and feel. I hear they will NOT malfunction with a light attached.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wish I could give an informed opinion on the .40...

I would suspect, though, that the .40's felt recoil would be quite manageable, all be it still stout and "torque-y".

Not sure where you've been looking, but Lizton isn't all that far away from all kinds of shops here in Indy. 500 Guns in Speedway, Beech Grove Firearms, Elmore's, The Outdoorsman, Bradis, Fort Liberty Firearms, Plainfield Shooter Supply, and AAC are all very easy to get to.

-J-

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I didnt know they made the M&P handguns with a safety!

Thanks for the report, my M&P is one of my fav handguns.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I've carried my M&P 9c in a Galco IWB for about a year & a half. I put the Crimson Tace grips on it last year... great addition to the pistol.
    Mine did not have the safety on it.

It is very accurate. I practice at 20 - 25 feet, with & without the laser. The M&P 9c tears out the middle of a DirtyBird target (with a little cooperation on my part.;))

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I wish I could give an informed opinion on the .40...

I would suspect, though, that the .40's felt recoil would be quite manageable, all be it still stout and "torque-y".

Not sure where you've been looking, but Lizton isn't all that far away from all kinds of shops here in Indy. 500 Guns in Speedway, Beech Grove Firearms, Elmore's, The Outdoorsman, Bradis, Fort Liberty Firearms, Plainfield Shooter Supply, and AAC are all very easy to get to.

-J-

not to hijack this thread but I have a full size 40 and recoil in my opinion is not a factor at all, the frame seems to eat up the recoil I recently shot my 40 in a bowling pin match and did pretty well

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    Glad to hear that about your m&p9. I have a m&p40c that I just love. Shoots great, small and concealable, and 10+1 rounds of 40. And a Very accurate gun. Smith got it right on this design.

Para45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    I've had an M&P 40c for almost a year now and I love it!! Extremely manageable, not FTF whatsoever, great for CC and very comfortable to handle--the interchangeable grips go a long way in that sense!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom