• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Well the wife and I went to the range today. We were shooting at 10 yards shooting offhand. We had two new pistols to try out. The first is my planned new carry gun, the Springfield XD-40 SC. It shot very well. No malfunctions at all. It was more accurate than I expected for a subcompact. I was also surprised the recoil was not bad. I don't think it was much more (if at all) than my Glock 22. Point of aim was good for me. It hit where I pointed it. So it probably will be my primary piece for the foreseeable future, once my new Crossbreed holster shows up.
    picture.php

Next up was the new Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9 mm. Once again no malfunctions. I didn't care for it but the wife liked it (She picked it so...) The trigger pull is very long with no resistance before you hit the actual pull. The point of aim just seems lower than you expected. This target is the wife's.
    picture.php

I took along some target ammo for the Springfield GI .45 that I carry most days. I did have a couple of malfunctions with it. The final round from a magazine failed to feed. It stayed in the magazine and the slide locked back like it was empty. I will have to investigate further to see if it is the same magazine or not. Other than that, you always have to love shooting a full size .45.
    picture.php

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Thanks for posting. Yours is the first range report that I've seen on the Barretta Compact, I've been interested to read one. Good shooting with the XD and of course the 1911. :D

Top Bottom