• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Went to Ceraland again on Saturday. Mom went with Dad and I again. This was her second trip. My Dad took his Marlin 925R, his Marlin model 60, and his Ruger .357 magnum. I took my Remington 597, and my FNP9. Dad wanted to shoot the FN, and since it's new I wanted to get some more rounds through her. My Mom bought a steel spinner target. She wanted it so she would know when she was hitting it. My Dad, and I where both impressed. There where quit a few times she hit it 12 out 13 times, with the Marlin model 60. She was shooting off a bench, but still for her second time shooting. Dad, and I both where very proud of her. Heck I could not even do it, I hit more standing up then shooting off the bench. She tried shooting the .357, with some light .38 loads but was still to much. She needs to work on strengthening her hands and shoulders. Which I told her it takes practice, and she'll get some strength. My Dad really liked my FNP9. It's of the best guns I have shot and owned for the price.

I also took my Savage MKIIFV .22LR with bull barrel. This by far is my favorite .22 that I own. This is the first time I have had it out this year, so I was a bit rusty. She was still sighted in though, did not have to make any scope adjustments.

My setup is a Savage MKIIFV .22LR. Optics is a Bushnell Banner 3x9x40, with 6" eye relief. For rings I went with Burris, and also added a 6"-9" Shooter Ridge bi pod.

My rifle, and targets.

0013.jpg

A close up of my targets. All shots where fired at 50 yards from a bench. It was a sunny day, with no to very light winds. I fired three different rounds. CCI mini-mags, Remington Golden Bullets, and Blazer. I found the CCI's to be the most accurate. The Blazers where pretty accurate also. Picked them up at Rural King for $1.99 a box of 50. Eventually I want to try some target loads, for ***** and giggles.

0022.jpg

The target on the far right, was my first target. Not for sure how many rounds I fired total at it. Took me a few rounds to get warmed up. Then my group started to get smaller. Also as my group got smaller, it gave me something a little more relevant to aim at.

The second target from the right, was my second target. Again not sure how many rounds I fired at it. The group was just a little tighter then the first. Still had some fliers. I was rushing a lot of my shots for some reason. As soon as I would pull the trigger, I would lift my head from the stock. I noticed once I waited until the trigger reset, before I move my head I was more accurate.

The water bottle is how I test to make sure my rifle is really sighted where I want it. Plus it's a way to test myself. It's a 20 ounce bottle. I sit it in vertically in front of the target at the 50 yard line. I attempt to shoot the cap off, without knocking down the bottle. I do so by hitting the bottle, and cap at the same time. If done right the cap will fly off, and the bottle will stay standing. Usually I can do it first shot, this time it took two shots. My Mom was surprised, and thought it was cool. I will be doing separate load testing my next trip out with it. I have a targets, that have one target in each corner. That way I can test four different loads, and be able to see what my groupings are for each.

Top Bottom