• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj3438

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Looking for ideas on how others get their gear to the range.

I was thinking about getting one of the larger containers like an action packer and making some internal dividers and holders to contain gear, ammo and maybe even firearms all in one box.

Anyone done anything like this before or have other ideas?

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I use some canvas army surplus bags...zippered with outer compartments and only about $10 a piece...I keep one full of basisc gear and others set up with ammo, mags etc for specific guns I take frequently....

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i use a large military style foot locker... i have tape, ear plugs, staple gun w/ staple, a file of printed off targets, tools, lube, cleaning supplies, cones, range cards, ammo, wind flags, spotting scope, shooting mat, range books, first aid/trauma kit, extra socks, plasic baggies, zip ties, chamber flags... and much much more.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a three day pack that I load up with all my handguns which are each in separate cases, and all the other gear I need like eye and ear protection, long sleeve shirt etc. I also have an ammo bag with all my ammo for the day and extra mags. It works great for me. Good luck

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I have a cheap, $10 plastic tool box that I bought from Menards. It holds all of my cleaning supplies, ear protection, rags for cleaning, and other items. I keep my ammo in military ammo cans bought at the 1500. I'm going to take one of the smaller ammo cans and build dividers in it, that way I can dump loose, small rounds into the container but still keep them separated.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I use a Stanley Fat Max for my range box.
    Bottom section is huge, middle has adjustable compartments, top has a nice size tray over an area that is deep enough to hold most hand gun ammo boxes stacked 2 high. The plus is, it's on wheels :rockwoot:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I bought a large duffle bag with multiple pockets for $20. I put a rubbermaid container in the main compartment to give it some backbone. Works great so far.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I use the bed of my truck and make about 40 trips back and forth from the truck to my gun safe, shop, basement. Then when I get to the range I usually cherry pick the stuff I need from Nick's Big Black Military Box :D

Top Bottom