• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I settled for a cheaper end range bag from Wal-Mart (Winchester Shooters bag)

it's not what I really wanted but I went and spent $20 for now. What I am looking for is something that has a slot for my 9 and more compartments rather than the large center area that I am always seeing.

Any ideas?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I don't have it myself, yet, but this bag from Midway was highly recommended by several people in a thread I saw some time ago. I bookmarked it so that I can get it whenever I get around to getting a good range bag (for now, I'm just using an Army ammo can). It even seems to be on sale for $40 (saving you $20) through the end of November.

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I'll echo what has been said. The LAPG Bail Out Bag is awesome. I have the jumbo bag and everything fits in it great. And like ISHOOTHST'S said, you find a new pocket or compartment every time you open the bag up.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Thanx, I just put an order in on the smaller size. I wanted to take a close look at it. I am thinking (always a dangerous thing) that if I like it I will probably use it as a bail out bag for my wife.

I am a little concerned that there are no drainage holes. I may try and see if the is a way to have a couple if small grommet holes in the bottom without damaging it.

If I like it I will also probably get one in the small size for my daughter as a bail out bag!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    The bail out bag (not jumbo version) is great for quick range trips with single pistol, or maybe even two. My problem is I seem to think I need to take everything with me, including tools, sharpies, med gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, etc, etc.

The midway range bag has become my standard. And, it's only $40 to boot!

I know alot of folks have high remarks for both the Midway bag and the Bail Out Bag, and I think they are both great as well, but I think they have two very different purposes.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I second the midway bag. Like you I bought the Winchester bag from walmart. It was OK but felt that I needed more pockets. When the midway bag went on sale for $40 I went for it. Between the praise the midway bag receives here and on midways website you cant go wrong.

BILT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm at the range every weekend and see all kinds of bags. The Midway bag mentioned in the previous threads is probably the most popular. For second place it's either the Bail Out Bag from LA Police gear or the Craftsman tool bag (yup.... I said Craftsman tool bag). For third place it's a three-way tie with Walmart, Target and Kroger plastic bags. Kid you not!

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    Got to use my new Midway bag today and it was great. Loaded it with 200rds of 5.56, 500rds of assorted handgun ammo, 1 550rd box of .22LR, 5 PMAG's, stapler, tape, screwdrivers, earmuffs, LCP, Para 1911, GP100, .44 Redhawk (forgot to pack .44 ammo), S&W 642, several mags for the handguns, gloves, shooting glasses and I still had some room. Sure beats a bookbag, cardboard box, and a WalMart bag.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Waller & Sons made one of the best range bags but sadly they are unavailable now. My poor Waller is a grizzled veteran and needs to be replaced.

I am considering the 5.11 range bag. It is not cheap ($100 at the Indy 1500), but like father says "buy it right, pay once".:D

KR-511-59049-2.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    go to goodwill, get a good diaper bag (I found one in can easily be passed off as Khaki). Water treat it with some silicone spray and for $5 I have my favorite range bag.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Waller & Sons made one of the best range bags but sadly they are unavailable now. My poor Waller is a grizzled veteran and needs to be replaced.

I am considering the 5.11 range bag. It is not cheap ($100 at the Indy 1500), but like father says "buy it right, pay once".:D

KR-511-59049-2.jpg

Kirk, as you probably know, the 5.11 is almost identical to the Midway bag for half the price. Unless there is a considerable upgrade in material, zippers, and stitching, you might be better served with the Midway. Hope this helps!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Similar, I agree. However, I am hard on gear and in my inspection of the Midway bag it is my conclusion that it will not survive me, or the airline baggage handlers.:D

Why is it that you attorneys treat your baggage like your clients??? :D Once you get the 5.11 bag, please do a review/comparison between the two. I'd be more than happy to meet up with you to do a side by side comparison. Let me know!

Top Bottom