• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Apparently midway got a large shipment from Rainier in. I stocked up on multiple calibers in large numbers and they still have bullets to sale :)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Something is wrong with their alert system. I got the notification and immediately responded. The system said they were out of the 1000 piece boxes already. I was able to order a 500 piece box, but they limited me to only one. Several hours later, I double checked and the site said that the 1000 piece boxes WERE available. I called and they said they could not change it once it is "in the system". The girl said I could place a second order for more bullets, but of course it would have another shipping and handling charge. Since the shipping is the same price for 500 or 2000, I actually paid too much for 1/2 the order that I actually wanted. This is the third time I have gotten burned. I have been a steady customer since the early 1980's when they first got started (and their catalog was three pages), I guess they just got too big.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Sorry to hear that Leo. I was lucky enough to get 1000. I've found that there isn't much data around for these and alliant power pistol but found an old post from rockhopper where he was running the same combo. He helped me by sharing his data as these will be my first loads. Can wait till they get here.:rockwoot:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Something is wrong with their alert system. I got the notification and immediately responded. The system said they were out of the 1000 piece boxes already. I was able to order a 500 piece box, but they limited me to only one. Several hours later, I double checked and the site said that the 1000 piece boxes WERE available. I called and they said they could not change it once it is "in the system". The girl said I could place a second order for more bullets, but of course it would have another shipping and handling charge. Since the shipping is the same price for 500 or 2000, I actually paid too much for 1/2 the order that I actually wanted. This is the third time I have gotten burned. I have been a steady customer since the early 1980's when they first got started (and their catalog was three pages), I guess they just got too big.

I would have cancelled my order, and re ordered if necessary.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    I got a notice from Midway that they had some Remington 148 gr. .38 Spec. WC rounds. I could only order two boxes and the shipping was $19.00. I started to cancel the order, but its been a long dry spell with my S&W 52. They are keeping price fairly low, but screwing you on shipping cost.

BAZOOKa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Plymouth
    Midway's shipping is high. I find myself building up things I realize I need/want in my shopping cart on the website. If I see bullets pop up in stock and know I need to buy them quick, I sort through my shopping cart until I have a good order total to shipping cost ratio I feel comfortable with paying, and I place my order.
    It helps me to feel better about the shipping charge, and I get some other things I have been wanting. Everything I sort out of my cart goes to a wishlist until I order and then back to my cart and the cycle continues. Midway has handled this mess with class in my mind (unlike some... CTD) and will continue to get my business even with the high shipping charges. I would much rather get bent over slightly on shipping then bent over totally on the stuff I am buying.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN

www.natchezss.com - Ordered 500 115gr 9mm Plated Rainer this morning... Looked like they had at least a few others stocked...

Shipping wasn't great but was could use DHL Home Delivery or UPS Ground by actual weight...

Top Bottom