• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    So I have a racoon in my crawl space... Any tips on how to get it out? I just moved out in the country, from the city. I am not up on animal removal just yet...

Thanks,

Craig

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Get a live trap, can of dog/cat food or tuna and a 22 short. Kill the coon and find the hole it was entering your home and board it up. Supposed to call a CO after you kill the animal too;)

Or you could call a licensed animal control trapper.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    try the trap give it some time and if that doesn't work the way I've got rid of them is the old fashioned way. This is not maybe the best way but I crawled up there with them with a bolt action 22 with CB shorts and when the coon bites the barrel I pull the trigger. then if it crawls back a little I use a coat hanger and twitst it into the dead coon and pull it out, Sorry my way is a little less PETA than others but it works

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    I work for a property maintenance service and we run into this alot.

Take a rag, cut a 20 oz bottles top off and put the rag in. Soak the rag in ammonia and throw it up in the crawl space for about 24 hours. It will run the coons out and you can get up in there and find the hole. It works and it's alot cheaper and easier than dealing with a live trap (not to mention a live coon once you catch it, them critters is MEAN!!!:naughty:)

Hope that helps

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    If you choose to buy a live trap you can also bait it with big red soda pop. They love it. I've also heard that if you feed them a lot of big red that it will make their stomachs expand so much that it will kill them. Then I guess you can crawl under your house and retrieve it.

As the post before said after you get this coon out make sure and board up the hole it got in or you will have new residence.

If you use a live trap, you don't necessarily have to kill it to release it, your choice which way to handle it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Take a rag, cut a 20 oz bottles top off and put the rag in. Soak the rag in ammonia and throw it up in the crawl space for about 24 hours. It will run the coons out and you can get up in there and find the hole.

Good stuff to know there! :yesway:
    What other varmints are run off by ammonia?

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.

Take a rag, cut a 20 oz bottles top off and put the rag in. Soak the rag in ammonia and throw it up in the crawl space for about 24 hours. It will run the coons out and you can get up in there and find the hole. It works and it's alot cheaper and easier than dealing with a live trap (not to mention a live coon once you catch it, them critters is MEAN!!!:naughty:)

Hope that helps

Just be prepared to deal with the LEO's when they want to bust you for operating a Meth Lab!!:laugh:

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    So I have a racoon in my crawl space... Any tips on how to get it out? I just moved out in the country, from the city. I am not up on animal removal just yet...

Thanks,

Craig

Box trap at the door. Heck you might be able to just set a garbage can just outside the entry to the the crawl. Wait for it to come out and pop it with a 22.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy

Hope that helps
    ^^^^^^^^This also works to bring your buddy out of a stall for a funny prank. Only soak a sponge instead of a rag! :laugh:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    O.P. Where are you located i have a live trap i would let you borrow if you come get it!
    and if you decide to use this method ! i have found that strwberry jam works good as bait!
    Make sure you block the hole/Holes it is using to get in the crawl space!

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Getting into this a little late, but if you use a live trap make sure you secure it to the ground or put something heavy on each side of it. There smart, if they can roll the trap over they can get out again.

Top Bottom