• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    (Mods, please move to FS if appropriate)

I'm currently in possession of Rocky Raccoon. Well, it may be not be Rocky, but I'll get to him eventually.

He was trapped last night and (s)he's about the right size for a child sized hat. Unfortunately, I have no child sized heads, so it has to go. While Rocky (or Rockette, as the case may be) appears docile I feel it's only fair to say that I'm sure (s)he will attempt to destroy your roof, as (s)he and the rest of the gaggle/passel/congress/murder have already started on mine.

I have attempted to determine the exact number of raccoon's that will be included in the sweet-assed deal (see video), but the results have been less than satisfying. Suffice to say there will be several.

Perhaps you're starting a coyote petting zoo, because who doesn't want to see the wide eyes of a small child the first time they're surround by a pack of coyotes? Well, don't think small. You can enhance their wonderment by introducing a raccoon or three into the mix! What better way to learn about the hierarchy of nature? There is no better way unless I come across a bobcat, in which case you can have it at no additional charge.

I live in New Albany, which severely limits my options. This offer is only good for a few hours! At the expiration of said offer, Rockette/Rocky will be transported a suitable distance from my home and released to cruelly suffer whatever fate may await. That said, I hope to repeat this offer tomorrow. And the day after. And probably the day after that. Hurry! There are a limited number of these. Well, maybe a lot, but still limited... maybe 10?

[video=youtube;i8jsKyzHal4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jsKyzHal4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hmm, I haven't roasted or stewed a raccoon before. I'd need at least a couple; I have a giant head* , though I know a couple of people that don't have trouble finding hats that fit.

*not freakishly huge, just size 8, 65 or xxxl but it's a heck of a time finding hats.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I've seen that type of training before. He is in an 8 'coon cell. They break their recruits during training so they have no fear of death. You'll never get him to say a word, I'd bet my house on it.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've seen that type of training before. He is in an 8 'coon cell. They break their recruits during training so they have no fear of death. You'll never get him to say a word, I'd bet my house on it.

Since I'm in the New Albany city limits, I can't legally shoot him/her/them. But DNR suggested a type of waterboarding that I'm unfamiliar with... they suggested that I just drop the trap into a 55 gallon drum filled with water. While that would be satisfying, I've decided to go with the Petraeus Doctrine... "hearts and minds" don't 'cha know? Perhaps I should build them a school or some roads? Obamacare for raccoons...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've decided to go with the Petraeus Doctrine

You are doing to declare victory and move out of your house, and then nail a chick with crazy eyes after you exercise with her and then steal some documents?

That's a lot of work, I'd just trap them and relocate them.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    You are doing to declare victory and move out of your house, and then nail a chick with crazy eyes after you exercise with her and then steal some documents?

That's a lot of work, I'd just trap them and relocate them.

I'm married, so a divorce would cover all those steps in one fell swoop.

Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Since I'm in the New Albany city limits, I can't legally shoot him/her/them. But DNR suggested a type of waterboarding that I'm unfamiliar with... they suggested that I just drop the trap into a 55 gallon drum filled with water. While that would be satisfying, I've decided to go with the Petraeus Doctrine... "hearts and minds" don't 'cha know? Perhaps I should build them a school or some roads? Obamacare for raccoons...
    I do the drowning thing. Works great. No mess.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Per DNR regulations, relocation of nuisance animals has to be within the same county, so keep that in mind. I'm not confident that most raccoons won't find their way back from inside the same county, so don't be surprised if Rocky/Rockette sees you again.

If someone local won't take it, your best bet is euthanasia, whether by the recommended water immersion, or take it outside of the city limits and dispatch it with a .22. The latter is far more humane in my opinion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hmm, I haven't roasted or stewed a raccoon before. I'd need at least a couple; I have a giant head* , though I know a couple of people that don't have trouble finding hats that fit.

*not freakishly huge, just size 8, 65 or xxxl but it's a heck of a time finding hats.

Don't know if you're serious or not, but racoon is pretty dang good. Greasy, but tender. BBQ it like you'd do with pork, sauce and all.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, I'm serious. I see critters like that walking around and it seems a shame to just dispose them. It used to be pretty common to eat, and I'd like to try some recipes. I have several squirrels in the freezer, as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, I'm serious. I see critters like that walking around and it seems a shame to just dispose them. It used to be pretty common to eat, and I'd like to try some recipes. I have several squirrels in the freezer, as well.

Well, I've never cooked it myself, personally. I just watch and eat. Ill ask my pop if he has an actual recipe, or if he just wings it like it looks like he does.

Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Per DNR regulations, relocation of nuisance animals has to be within the same county, so keep that in mind. I'm not confident that most raccoons won't find their way back from inside the same county, so don't be surprised if Rocky/Rockette sees you again.

If someone local won't take it, your best bet is euthanasia, whether by the recommended water immersion, or take it outside of the city limits and dispatch it with a .22. The latter is far more humane in my opinion.
    I had trouble killing them with one shot from my .22 rifle. Plus it started to destroy the cage.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom