Quietest suppressor for 30 cal, Nomad L?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Now that I have my first .22 can, ankle deep in the NFA pool.

Trying to figure out which is next, leaning toward one for maximum suppression on a bolt gun.

Been doing some reading & seems that Nomad L is hard to beat for the price point, anyone have some data or side by side comparison on this & others like the Surge X?

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I'm sure you have, but check out what Jay is doing at Pew Science. He does testing of different silencers on different platforms and provides data to back it up. You can select 30 cal bolt action, then rank by overall suppression numbers to see what is the best according to his testing.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm sure you have, but check out what Jay is doing at Pew Science. He does testing of different silencers on different platforms and provides data to back it up. You can select 30 cal bolt action, then rank by overall suppression numbers to see what is the best according to his testing.

Thanks, been there a fair amount, if memory serves me correctly he doesn't have the Surge X reviewed yet. Seems the Omega 300 has good reviews as well.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    It would be cool to have an INGO suppressor shoot where we bring what we got for each other to try. Nothing compares to first person experience with suppressors. Pew science is as close to objective science and data as I've seen, but still no match for actually shooting them side by side. Especially if you can try it on your gun.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    If it's for a bolt gun then don't overlook the TBAC Ultra series. The Ultra 7 is extremely popular. And for good reason. I know it's hard not to chase db's but there's more than just numbers on a page. Some cans will meter a couple db higher than another but will be more pleasing to the ears simply because of the tone it produces.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    389   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    It would be cool to have an INGO suppressor shoot where we bring what we got for each other to try. Nothing compares to first person experience with suppressors. Pew science is as close to objective science and data as I've seen, but still no match for actually shooting them side by side. Especially if you can try it on your gun.
    I'm down for doing this.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    There was just an INGO sponsored shoot outside of Kokomo / West Middletucky / Russiaville that you missed. I don't know if it was well attended or not? I wanted to go but family circumstances did not permit.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    The Liberty Anthem S2 is (as far as my ears can tell) the quietest 30cal suppressor I've heard.
    Have you tried it on any 556 guns yet?

I love it on everything I've tried the regular S's on but the tone it gets 556 to is just so fantastic.

Edit:

I want to have you order the Anthem L2 for me probably too. I bet that's just unrealistically quiet. Especially on a bolt gun or 300bo subs.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I've been wanting a Q Full Nelson but apparently they don't make them anymore? From what I could tell on Pew Science it was the quietest for 300bo. I could be wrong though.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    389   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've been wanting a Q Full Nelson but apparently they don't make them anymore? From what I could tell on Pew Science it was the quietest for 300bo. I could be wrong though.
    The half nelson / full nelson suppressors were discontinued several years ago in favor of the Trash Panda / Thunder Chicken. They're the same suppressor except QD.

Thunder Chickens have been on backorder for 4+ months now.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    The half nelson / full nelson suppressors were discontinued several years ago in favor of the Trash Panda / Thunder Chicken. They're the same suppressor except QD.

Thunder Chickens have been on backorder for 4+ months now.
    In your opinion is the Trash Panda the best at suppressing 300bo bolt actions?

JDHOOSIER73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Greenwood
    Now that I have my first .22 can, ankle deep in the NFA pool.

Trying to figure out which is next, leaning toward one for maximum suppression on a bolt gun.

Been doing some reading & seems that Nomad L is hard to beat for the price point, anyone have some data or side by side comparison on this & others like the Surge X?
    Cgs hyperion I believe is the "quietest". From what I've read

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    389   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    In your opinion is the Trash Panda the best at suppressing 300bo bolt actions?
    Yes, it's a great suppressor, lightweight and comes with two muzzle brakes, one for the AR, the other for the blackout. Either that or the Liberty Anthem S2 which is a better suppressor but it direct thread.

Haven't heard the Hyperion, but the anthem s2 is very quiet on a 308. I imagine the anthem L2 would top both. Hey @Aszerigan, what's a guy got to do to get an anthem L2 around here?
    They're exclusively through Allen Arms. I've got them on the way. If you want one, let me know and I'll reserve it. Will probably be a few weeks before they come through.

evolevo

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2024
    Richmond
    From my personal experience the thunderbeast is very quiet. But not much of a good tone.

Nomad TI is very quiet and good tone.

Top Bottom