• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    First off I just want to let everyone know I've spent the most of the evening reading posts and looking for these answers...

Okay I'm looking at shooting IDPA at ACC for the Oct 1st match. I was wondering if I had to be a member there to shoot at this match as it's around a hour drive and not really practical to become a member to shoot once or twice a month. Also I've been reading about shooting a qualifier match, is this something that is done at every match or a separate shoot that I need to find? Am I correct in that I read that ACC requires you to be a member of IDPA to shoot more than one IDPA match?

Thanks for any input :ingo:
    Anelson

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm not a member at ACC (yet?), but think I might have some answers for you.

You can shoot IDPA at ACC one time as a non-member. After that, you would have to have a membership.

As to the Oct 1st match. I believe that the Oct 1st is a state match for qualified participants only. It's not an open match.

The next open match would be in November.

Now, I may be way off base on this and it is possible that they are doing both the state match and an open match. I can't really tell as I've seen two schedules and it's a bit confusing.

My thought is that you would have to wait until November for the next open match, but it should definitely be confirmed.

Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    From what I saw on their schedule it shows both for that day. And thanks for backing up the IDPA membership question.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    You need to join IDPA after your first match, not ACC. There will not be a normal club match in Oct, state only. IndyIDPA.com is our new website if you are unaware. We only use ACC's site to book events on the club calendar.

GunRightsNews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Russiaville
    We shot in the snow last December, and all the participants had a good time. IDPA is part game/part practice for self defense. If crime never occurred when it is snowing or raining or really hot or really cold, then IDPA matches would only happen on nice days.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I shot several IDPA matches at ACC last year. It was not a problem to shoot in the regular club matches even though I was not an IDPA member. However, you do need to be an IDPA member and be Classified to shoot in the State or other large match.

You need to join IDPA after your first match, not ACC.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I live pretty close to Atlanta and have been curious about the matches there. Are they spectator events?

Saturday Oct first will be the State match and it has been full for months, but yes it would be a great time to check it out as a spectator. Bring eye and ear protection and see a whole lot of people having a great time. Jim.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I live pretty close to Atlanta and have been curious about the matches there. Are they spectator events?

All Club matches at ACC are open to the public. Its the IDPA and USPSA state matches that you have to be a member of that disipline to particate in. If you decide to come out to a regular club match I highly recommend that you bring your gear! Cause most people regret it if they dont!! But you are more than welcome to come spectate if you wish.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I shot several IDPA matches at ACC last year. It was not a problem to shoot in the regular club matches even though I was not an IDPA member. However, you do need to be an IDPA member and be Classified to shoot in the State or other large match.
    I believe that has changed. I think after 1 or 2 matches they expect you to join IDPA.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I believe that has changed. I think after 1 or 2 matches they expect you to join IDPA.

True.

They made a thing of it at the last match I was at in July, said they were going to start checking at the August match and going forward. 1 free match and after that you had to be an IDPA member.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I've been shooting at ACC, HCFG, and WVRPC for over 5 years now. You must join IDPA in order to shoot after your first match, but I've never joined any of the clubs. I just can't justify joining any club that is over an hour away (each way) when I have 43 acres of my parents farm 10 minutes from my house. No rules, no dues, and I can do lots of "fun" things that would get me booted off those ranges in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom