Questions about a rare Kimber for you 1911 guys.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abuayyoub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2016
    indianapolis
    I have been given an oppertunity to trade one of my rifles for a Kimber SIS Ultra.
    I have to admit I'm not really a 1911 guy but from what I gather about this pistol is that it's pretty rare. It's the small carry version of the SIS. Line which I guess we're made in limited production for only about a year before Kimber pulled them because the Anto-gunners freaked out about it having the SIs logo on it.
    Anyhow, my question is what is this thing worth today in 2016? Cash value and trade value? I am actually only considering buying this to trade for Something else.

What at ill be trading for it is a Palmetto Arms AR10 with scope (which I got in another trade ) and some ammo and upgrades. Is it a good trade or should I just hold on to my rifle?

Ideally i I want to get a Sig 226 legion, tac oops or a nice AK out of the deal.

Thanks for the advice.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If your ultimate goal is a Sig or AK, you would be better served trying to trade your rifle for one of those instead of trying to trade twice to get there.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I remember hearing about Kimber building the SIS model and then the SIS units not adopting them. Somthing to do with reliability issues as well as QC issues.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I always thought the SIS was an ugly gun. There were complaints that the SIS cocking serrations didn't afford much of a grip. There were reasons it only had a brief run. it would still be in production if it sold like hotcakes.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Keep that rifle. Especially in a proper caliber. There is no way I would trade a rifle for a 1911. Kimbers, Colts, or others notwithstanding.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    A quality Kimber is even more rare!

Untrue. Series I Kimbers were excellent guns...reliable, accurate, and smooth triggers that break like glass. I still carry one, and it's my favorite handgun. I can't speak to Series II guns.

Top Bottom