• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I am filling out the application right now and I came to the question asking about firearm training/classes. It says I can show evidence that I have participated in a firearms competition and that will suffice (instead of paying for a class). Here's the question?
    Have any of you guys sent in proof that you compete in competitions instead of taking a class? And what did you send them to show proof?
    I am a member of USPSA and a certified RO so I don't know if a copy of my RO card and USPSA card would work for them or what. I plan on calling their office to ask when I get a chance, I just figured hearing from what you guys did would be just as good.
    Also, how long did you wait to get your CCP?

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    I used my 20 year old Colorado Hunter Safety Class card. (8 hr.class- no shooting) so I'll bet your RO certification will work, but like you said, call first.

I applied around 5 years ago and it took a little less than 2 months.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Can't answer about your qualifications but will say I received my Florida permit in less that 1 month. I think somewhere around 17 days or so. Received it about 10 months ago. This is for an out of state applicant. I've heard the out of state applicants receive their permits much quicker than if you lived in Florida.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I live in Florida and I got my CWP in 6 days. Any kind of certification in firearms or if you served in the military a DD214 will satisfy the requirement.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    My wife and I used copies of our NRA basic pistol class certification. I would imaging your RO certification would be more than enough proof.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am filling out the application right now and I came to the question asking about firearm training/classes. It says I can show evidence that I have participated in a firearms competition and that will suffice (instead of paying for a class). Here's the question?
    Have any of you guys sent in proof that you compete in competitions instead of taking a class? And what did you send them to show proof?
    I am a member of USPSA and a certified RO so I don't know if a copy of my RO card and USPSA card would work for them or what. I plan on calling their office to ask when I get a chance, I just figured hearing from what you guys did would be just as good.
    Also, how long did you wait to get your CCP?

OK, please help the rookie? Are you filling this out online? Can the Florida CCP be obtained by just filing an online application?:wow: If so, please provide the link!!!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Just curious, why did you decide to go with Florida instead of Utah?
    No real thought process went into it. However, if you check out the reciprocity map on usacarry.com they have New Mexico and Kansas not being honored with an out-of-state Utah permit, but they are honored with a Florida permit.

Top Bottom