• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Aug 5, 2010
    I apologize in advance if this is a stupid/noob question.

If I wanted to have a holster or two (for a Glock 26 and/or a Sig P229) made by Raven at the 1500, do I actually need to bring the pistols with me or does Raven have the necessary equipment there to make holsters for those particular pistols?

Thank you.

:)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I apologize in advance if this is a stupid/noob question.

If I wanted to have a holster or two (for a Glock 26 and/or a Sig P229) made by Raven at the 1500, do I actually need to bring the pistols with me or does Raven have the necessary equipment there to make holsters for those particular pistols?

Thank you.

:)

They normally have equipment to make holsters for the various common (and some uncommon) types of handguns. That said, it's always a good bet to bring your guns along just in case...unless Tom or Mike reply to this thread and let you know that you DON'T need to bring 'em:):

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If'n you wanted prompt purchase from the guys,I would e-mail them prior to the venue to see if they will make one in advance for you to pick up? You can even buy it on the website and negate the shipping by putting in the remarks section that you wanted to do a face-to-face transaction. Bribing with beer helps too! :yesway:

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks for the replies VUPDblue and KokomoDave! I appreciate it. Maybe I will drop Tom a PM regarding whether I'll have to bring in the pistols in case he doesn't see this thread.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    If'n you wanted prompt purchase from the guys,I would e-mail them prior to the venue to see if they will make one in advance for you to pick up? You can even buy it on the website and negate the shipping by putting in the remarks section that you wanted to do a face-to-face transaction. Bribing with beer helps too! :yesway:

I doubt that will happen. If they have a back log of 16-18 weeks on current orders, I would hardly expect them to be able to make a quick batch of orders right before the show. If that were the case I'd cancel my current order and contact them to place a new one for them to bring to the show so I could pick it up...and I'm sure 100 other people would want to do the same, which I'm sure would make it not feasable for a company whose resources are already taxed.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I doubt that will happen. If they have a back log of 16-18 weeks on current orders, I would hardly expect them to be able to make a quick batch of orders right before the show. If that were the case I'd cancel my current order and contact them to place a new one for them to bring to the show so I could pick it up...and I'm sure 100 other people would want to do the same, which I'm sure would make it not feasable for a company whose resources are already taxed.

They make them on the spot at the show, so why would anyone need to pre-order for pick up at the show? :dunno: I get there on the first day, as early as possible and have never had an issue with getting it back the same day.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Aug 5, 2010
    They make them on the spot at the show, so why would anyone need to pre-order for pick up at the show? :dunno: I get there on the first day, as early as possible and have never had an issue with getting it back the same day.

This is my plan. When you go to have your holster made, do you provide Raven with the pistol that the holster is intended to be made for?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is my plan. When you go to have your holster made, do you provide Raven with the pistol that the holster is intended to be made for?

Well, as mentioned above, for some holsters made for more common guns (Gock, M&P, 1911s, etc.), you may not need to bring it. However, you are going to a gun show, so you should definitely bring your gun. Besides, it's best to be prepared rather than not.

One caveat to the info I have provided, if you don't have a LTCH I would not suggest bringing the gun to the show. You can possibly say you are taking it to a gun smith at the show, but you never know what king of officer you may run into.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH

Bingo.

Bring the 229, we'll have a G26 to mold from.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll be bringing a couple of knives and a few guns. Can you make something for a long gun? :D

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Aug 5, 2010
    Well, as mentioned above, for some holsters made for more common guns (Gock, M&P, 1911s, etc.), you may not need to bring it. However, you are going to a gun show, so you should definitely bring your gun. Besides, it's best to be prepared rather than not.

One caveat to the info I have provided, if you don't have a LTCH I would not suggest bringing the gun to the show. You can possibly say you are taking it to a gun smith at the show, but you never know what king of officer you may run into.

Thanks for all of your help.

I do have a LTCH.

I just didn't want to be carrying several of my pistols into the show unnecessarily. That would severely hinder my ability to leave the show with new goodies (only so much I can carry ha). :D On second thought, maybe I should keep my hands full so I don't go on a spending spree. :cool:

Bingo.

Bring the 229, we'll have a G26 to mold from.

Thanks Tom. Looking forward to the 1500 even more now. :yesway:

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    I just didn't want to be carrying several of my pistols into the show unnecessarily. That would severely hinder my ability to leave the show with new goodies (only so much I can carry ha). :D On second thought, maybe I should keep my hands full so I don't go on a spending spree. :cool:

We figured this out years ago....you just buy a really big (and expensive) pack at the show to carry all your toys home in. :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    your best bet may be to order the ones you want through their website, and pickup at the show ;)

Ive found lately that unless you get to the show on Friday or Saturday right at opening, they are booked up for the day pretty quickly.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Didn't realize they are so backed up! Wow!! 12-16 weeks? :rockwoot:

Glad you guys are doing well! Wish I could make the show to buy your 'extras' like I used to for my biznatch!!

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    We have an FNP9 (we don't use molds), but it will be left at the shop. Please bring your pistol (and one magazine) so we can make a holster for you.

Thanks,

Tom

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Will you have extras of the new style OWB loops at the show? I'm needing to replace a couple of mine. Oh, and do you have those same loops available for 1.75 wide belts?

Top Bottom