• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    so you're saying that after every shot you have to use the manual action release?

Did your buddy buy the gun new? It sounds to me like the action release/trigger group is installed incorrectly or is extremely dirty.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    Its newish, and most likely not ever seen a cleaning. Yes every time I wanted to use the pump I had to depress that little button.

I frightens/scares me how some people treat some very expensive equipment. Its on my kitchen table right now.

What should I take apart and look for?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Sounds like the action lock is not recovering when the hammer falls. This could be caused by a missing or incorrectly installed disconnector spring for the action lock. I'd go find a schematic somewhere and take the trigger group out, disassemble and then re-assemble guided by the schematic.

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Sounds like the action lock is not recovering when the hammer falls. This could be caused by a missing or incorrectly installed disconnector spring for the action lock. I'd go find a schematic somewhere and take the trigger group out, disassemble and then re-assemble guided by the schematic.

It could be this, but I would think that it had more to do with a rough edge/bad fit between the action bar/slide and the action lock lever. You can go to Welcome to Numrich Gun Parts Corp. for an exploded parts view. I have seen this on several newer Mossberg shotguns. The stampings are not cleaned up too well before the parts get blued. I have even seen some with non functioning safeties right out of the box.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    HOLY CRAP!!!! I have never seen a gun with so much...crap...inside of it. There are bits of leaves, lint and what I swear looks like dried coffee that has WAAAYYY too much cream and sugar in it. Its sticky to the touch and it seems to be everywhere.

Im going to need a box of break free.

I'll snap some picks in a little bit.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    :): amazing how dirty some guns can get...even more amazing when people let em get that dirty:dunno:

a few months back a buddy of mine was having problems with his 870,said it was real hard to pump the action and the trigger was sticking when he pulled it. I took it apart and I swear I could of filled up 2-3 shot glasses with all the sand that was in this gun not to mention the lake moss that was dried to the in side of the reciever:rolleyes: it was his duck hunting gun and he said he hadnt cleaned it in 2 seasons:noway:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Wow... Sounds like it's been used as a leaf blower of sorts. Haven't had any problems with mine. You should have brought it to the 1500 today and had it looked at. Best of luck.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    Great news!!! I now own a broken 590 a1. Anyone near south bend want to help me fix it?

I'm going to take out the trigger group from my regular 500 and see if that works. I know thats not a real solution but should help in trouble shooting it I would think.

Thanks everyone!!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm in for helping fix it! I have an 835 that isn't broke. I've never had it all the way apart, but I'm a bit mechanically inclined and have a few tools, so maybe we can figure it out.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I say pull the trigger group and send it to MOSS. I'm sure they like to see broken weapons. That way they can make improvements. Might even fix it for free. Worth a shot.

Top Bottom