• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My buddy finally decided to take the plunge and get his LTCH. I guess he signed up online, wrote down his application #, decided to go the slow route(which I did too, because I don't know if L1 was even an option at the time) and then decided he wants to use L1.:n00b:

He said there was a "click here" option, but since he closed the browser, he doesn't know what to do next.

Did anyone else not use the "click here" feature and later decide to use L1?

I told him that he should probably just go to the nearest L1, get his prints taken and give them the application # he received and they would send it in to ISP...Would his be correct?

Also, he should be taking a money order for $85.95 to L1 and a $50.00 to the local PD, right?

Thanks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'd have him call L1 and ask.

Yeah, that's what I told him to do, but if there is more to it than just taking them an app # and $$$ and someone has already gone through it, I didn't figure it would hurt to ask.

I'm guessing he applied today or yesterday...How long will that online application take to process or do you think it's already ready to go and he just needs to get the prints, signature and payment in?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I just did this same thing. Was going to go the old fashioned route. When I called to set my appt with local PD, they told me L1 would be a couple of weeks compared to a couple of months if they did ink. All I needed to do was sign up on L1's site and entered my application number when I scheduled the appointment. Application on Monday, prints yesterday, signed my app today and local PD told me I could get my LTCH as early as next Friday.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just redid the online application (after I already completed the slow route), and followed the directions to make an L-1 appointment.

Got my LTCH in 8 days (instead of the 15+ week wait the city building told me). True, I'm out the initial 75 bucks or whatever from the original application, however, some on here have received refunds from the state who did the same as me. If he is willing to risk the 75 bucks, just tell him to do it over. It works.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just did this same thing. Was going to go the old fashioned route. When I called to set my appt with local PD, they told me L1 would be a couple of weeks compared to a couple of months if they did ink. All I needed to do was sign up on L1's site and entered my application number when I scheduled the appointment. Application on Monday, prints yesterday, signed my app today and local PD told me I could get my LTCH as early as next Friday.

Thanks, I'll give him a call here in a sec...So you are saying that L1 is appointment only and you can't just walk in there with the app# and get your prints taken?

I just redid the online application (after I already completed the slow route), and followed the directions to make an L-1 appointment.

Got my LTCH in 8 days (instead of the 15+ week wait the city building told me). True, I'm out the initial 75 bucks or whatever from the original application, however, some on here have received refunds from the state who did the same as me. If he is willing to risk the 75 bucks, just tell him to do it over. It works.

He hasn't paid a penny yet...He's only filled out the application and has a confirmation #.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I did the same thing as well last summer. It was 4 weeks into the wait when I found out that L1 was so much faster. Went to the L1 site, used my application number from my slow-route application, went and got the prints at L1 and had my LTCH the next week. I didn't involve my local PD as they had already sent everything in anyways.

I paid the fee to L1 which included the $75 fee to the ISP, which I had also sent to the ISP 4 weeks earlier as a money order ... about 2 months after getting the LTCH, the ISP sent me a refund for the double payment.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    In my case, L1 was a fedex/kinkos at 71st & Binford. It's not an L1 employee, but rather a certified provider. Some locations are every day, others are just a few hours once a week. I don't think you can just show up.

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    I used L1 it was great, my hubby was envious of how quick I got my LTCH back. I was printed on a tuesday( it was freaky he asked if i were a nurse just by trying to finger print me..says he has problems getting our prints) went the next day to the co building (WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE) and then had my permit about 10 days later. L1 is appointment only b/c they do stuff like paternity testing and stuff too...doesn't take but a few min. though. the guy that did my prints was kinda strange/rude but hey we got it taken care of :D I was suprised at how many locations they have, I didn't even know the one was here...such a whole in the wall operation.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, so he just tried to schedule an appointment and it told him something to the effect of "your application could be processed."

I asked him when he applied for the LTCH online and he said it was this afternoon.

I'm guessing it must take some time for the app to go through...Does anyone know how long that application will take to process at ISP?

I told him to just keep trying every now and then.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I wouldn't think the actual application for the LTCH would have anything to do with setting the appt. Nothing happens with the application until prints go to ISP. That's triggered by L1 submitting or your local PD or Sherrif.

Use this link L-1 Identity Solutions, Enrollment Services Division in Indiana to pick your location and then there's a scheduling link at the top. It will ask you for your name, the reason (handgun permit) and app #. You pick the location and the time and fill out some personal Info.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I wouldn't think the actual application for the LTCH would have anything to do with setting the appt. Nothing happens with the application until prints go to ISP. That's triggered by L1 submitting or your local PD or Sherrif.

I wouldn't either.

Use this link L-1 Identity Solutions, Enrollment Services Division in Indiana to pick your location and then there's a scheduling link at the top. It will ask you for your name, the reason (handgun permit) and app #. You pick the location and the time and fill out some personal Info.

He clicked "schedule an appointment online(or whatever)."

Clicked Agengy: Handgun licence

Then it asks him Firearm Agency: please enter your application #.

He typed in the app # it says this:

Unable to retrieve applicant information. Please verify the FirearmID and try again.

stangman35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Ladoga, 47954
    Thats about the only thing it could be,my cousin didnt click his at the end of his app either.Had to call the sheriff to get his app number he didnt write down.
    Then went on L1 and set up the printing.He should get his this week if the locals dont sit on it.

Last edited:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    OK, so he just tried to schedule an appointment and it told him something to the effect of "your application could be processed."

I asked him when he applied for the LTCH online and he said it was this afternoon.

I'm guessing it must take some time for the app to go through...Does anyone know how long that application will take to process at ISP?

I told him to just keep trying every now and then.

Here is the deal, when I went "re-did" my application, there was no visible way for me to get an L-1 appointment through the L-1 website. The application number I had did not work.

I redid the online LTCH application. When I was finished, it stated "duplicate application" and gave me the option to enroll into L-1. Following THAT SPECIFIC LINK, it let me enroll into L-1. I didn't have to verify any application # or anything as it was automatically attached through the link.

Not saying the other way ISN'T possible (because I don't know), just saying that the only way I could get it to work was to re-do my LTCH application and then follow the corresponding L-1 link.

Top Bottom