• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • badbowtie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I have a 03 ffl but I am thinking of getting a 01 ffl to buy and sell guns. I live in indiana near the ohio border. I have allot of family and friends that live in ohio I could sell guns to. I also have allot of friends and family in indiana not to mention everyone else around to sell to. I am a stay at home dad that would like to sell a couple guns here and there for some extra income. From all the reading I am doing I am aware I can not sell hand guns to anyone that does not live in Indiana. I am not sure if I put a friend / partners name on the ffl app that lives in Ohio could he sell to them in ohio. I also would like to talk to someone that has a ffl in indiana that does it out of there house for some info. I would probably do allot of accesories holsters/reloading equipment sales also. I will probably do allot of online sales also.
    Thanks In advance

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    If you are in a residential area, you may not be able to carry inventory for walk in sales. I think you'd be fine with internet.

badbowtie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I don't live in residential area so I am sure I will be fine there. Just not sure about everything else.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If you are going to sell handguns in Indiana, you will also need a State Firearms License. Plus, you will have to give uncle sugar his cut. So you will need a merchant sales certificate. Good luck.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Each ffl has ONE address attached to it. 2 states= 2 seperate ffls. Basically, you would have to set up 2 completely seperate businesses for 2 seperate states. Then, you would ship from one ffl to the other, and do state to state transfers that way. You are asking for a whole lot of headeaches & expenses I'm afraid. I do business with Gander Mtn. You should see the stack of ffl copies I get when they renew. Yep, one for each store.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Selling to relatives means you probably aren't going to make a large profit. You cannot sell a handgun to a resident of another state unless you go through an FFL in that state.

If you think you can compete against established high volume dealers on the internet (like the guys on gunbroker.com or Bud's guns) you have solved a mystery most of the rest of us who have been in business over 10 years have not.

One good way to become a millionaire as an FFL: Start with $2 million.

It is also a great way to ruin your enjoyment of fine weaponry. Inventory does not carry the same emotional pleasure as a collection.

Good luck.

badbowtie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I am not doing it to become rich buy no means. I also figured everygun going across state lines would have to get in with a ffl on the other side to handle that stuff and maybe I can work with them for people on my side. I am not sure if someone can point me in the right direction that has all the requirements for a home based ffl.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom