• S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Got me a question about FFL??

Here's what I need to answer: I'm finding "deals" in the net and feel tempted to buy but all require firearms need to be sent to an FFL.

Do I have to "pre-select the FFL? Or, contact the FFL after the purchase & before shipment?

Does the FFL complete the document side or are they only a transfer station?

I guess I need to talk to the FFL first right??

Does Target Sports in Sheridan offer FFL transfers and at what fees??

Thanks

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Got me a question about FFL??

Here's what I need to answer: I'm finding "deals" in the net and feel tempted to buy but all require firearms need to be sent to an FFL.

Do I have to "pre-select the FFL? Or, contact the FFL after the purchase & before shipment?

Does the FFL complete the document side or are they only a transfer station?

I guess I need to talk to the FFL first right??

Does Target Sports in Sheridan offer FFL transfers and at what fees??

Thanks

All online gun sales are conducted through an FFL because it is the law. If you want to know how Target Sports does things, you're going to have to call them. Policies differ as far as whether or not you need to have the your FFL fax their info to the seller before you order. Usually it's before. The FFL will legally handle the actual sale and paperwork, usually charging at least $20 for the service, though some ask much more.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    After I agree to buy the gun I call Patti @ TSG and she faxes the person that I bought the gun from a copy of their FFL. The gun is then shipped to them and She calls me when it comes in.

Each FFL is a little different. Some dont like to do transfers, some will give you a copy of their ffl to send to who ever you want when you want.

If its coming from a private party make to your FFL make sure they send a copy of their drivers license.

The going rate is 20.00. so do it as low as 10 to 15.00

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    After I agree to buy the gun I call Patti @ TSG and she faxes the person that I bought the gun from a copy of their FFL. The gun is then shipped to them and She calls me when it comes in.

Each FFL is a little different. Some dont like to do transfers, some will give you a copy of their ffl to send to who ever you want when you want.

If its coming from a private party make to your FFL make sure they send a copy of their drivers license.

The going rate is 20.00. so do it as low as 10 to 15.00

Who does it for less than $20? I always see at least that much.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Wouldnt it be better to say that of the gun owners that do vote 40% vote democrat?

If you have 1000 gun owners and 40% of them vote democrat that would be 400 votes in all actuality only 500 of the 1k vote leaving you closer to 220 votes.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

My FFL will not accept a handgun transfer from an individual. He requires the firearm to be sent from an FFL holder.

Check with your (prospective) FFL holder before you agree to buy. Shipping from an FFL can add to your overall price, and sometimes substantially!

BTW- I get free transfers! :D

Top Bottom