• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am considering buying a rifle off of Gunbroker here shortly, but I am unsure of the whole FFL process.

Who would be a good FFL to use if I'm in the Indianapolis area? Is there a list someplace of people who do transfers? I tried a search for "FFL" but couldn't turn much up.

Also, what info do I need to give the seller about the FFL I choose? Is there anything else I should be wary of or know going into an online purchase? Beyond general 'look at the pictures, read the description, etc etc?

*Edit* Does Bradis or Beech Grove Firearms do transfers? I am there on a regular basis and would love to give them the business if I can.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The seller will need the FFL from your dealer. Usually have the fax or email it to the seller. The easiest way is to find a LGS that is willing to do them. Price should be in the neighborhood of $25. You should be wary of anything you can't touch first. Depending on the item, I ask questions specific to it.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Transfers are easy. The dealer/person you buy from can print a transfer copy of our FFL from our website. We'll call you when the gun comes in. It's that simple.

Many of the large dealers across the country already have our FFL on file.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Only problem I ran into was a FFL would not except a shipment from a individual. Make sure you check on that first or your best bet is to make sure your FFL will accept it in this fashion. Unless of course it's coming from another FFL dealer.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    There is a couple dealers in my area that now require a copy of the shipper's FFL as well as sending a copy of their FFL as the receiving middle man. I'm not sure sure why?

Top Bottom