Did you say...........wood?

amish-girls-demotivational-poster-1222291871.jpg

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    That's sort of like saying that if I don't like 1911s, I must hate guns and gun owners...

Despite the knee-jerk "discrimination" remark made about me earlier, my initial comment had not much to do with the Amishman's choice of religion and lifestyle. He is as free to choose those things as the rest of us. Nor can it be said that I look down on him as a minority; I don't. This was as much about the seller following the law as anything else.

Maybe my discriminate much comment was over the top, I will admit when I am wrong and I do apologize. Your comment just struck me wrong because I felt that you wanted to deny peoples right because of their religious beliefs.

It's the same way with some Islamic women wanting to wear the full Burka for their Drivers License ID pictures. If their faces are covered up, how can you tell if they are who they say they are? The same applies to someone without a picture ID. If some sort of picture ID is required to validate the identity of a firearms buyer, the firearm is sold at the seller's peril.

There are many Islamic Clerics and Historians that are split that Islam requires a woman to wear a burka.

How many times have I seen someone wanting to sell a firearm on this forum say: FTF, drivers license and LTCH? Would _you_ sell a firearm to someone in black clothing with a beard who _said_ he was Amish?

Seeing how the area I live has a large community of Amish, I would not have an issue selling an Amish person a firearm.

See above italicized responses.

Top Bottom