• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How many times have I seen someone wanting to sell a firearm on this forum say: FTF, drivers license and LTCH? Would _you_ sell a firearm to someone in black clothing with a beard who _said_ he was Amish?

And I never would buy from someone requiring that as it is not required by law in a personal sales type situation. So I have passed on some pretty good deals that I would have been all over due to my principles. Yes I do have a LTCH and D/L. I pass a background check in b/m stores way more than I should.

My Amish neighbors don't wear black too often. Usually that ugly looking fake denim for their pants and pastel colored shirts...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    2s8pc05.jpg

amish%20gone%20bad.gif

amish.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And I never would buy from someone requiring that as it is not required by law in a personal sales type situation. So I have passed on some pretty good deals that I would have been all over due to my principles. Yes I do have a LTCH and D/L. I pass a background check in b/m stores way more than I should.
    (snipped)...

That is, of course, your choice and your responsibility.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana

You do know that ATF has run stings in this state buying FTF then arresting the seller for selling across state lines. I wouldn't sell without proper for any reason to anyone.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You do know that ATF has run stings in this state buying FTF then arresting the seller for selling across state lines. I wouldn't sell without proper for any reason to anyone.

It's not that hard. Are you from Indiana.....yes. Great here's your new gun.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Someone in our little group admitted a few weeks ago he was a professional CI for the DEA. I wondered if he was going to try to get some deals going here...

IANAL but my understanding is the same as IndyMonkey. If they say they are a state resident, are in the state at time of purchase, and there is nothing to indicate they are not legal to buy that is where my responsibility ends.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    In court when you are tried, it will by with the understanding of what a prudent man would do. Would you as a prudent man shoot someone who flipped you the bird? Of course not. Would you as a prudent man shoot someone who was trying to kill you? Of course. The "prudent man" is used by both defense and by prosecutors, if you sold to someone without asking for ID there is no way you would win in court. Ask your attorney...I have, this was also discussed with an Indiana State Circuit Judge with 30 years on the bench. Can ATF lie to you? Yes they can. Will they? Yes they will.

Will criminals lie to you? Yes
    Will you lose in civil court if you sell a gun to a murderer without asking for credentials? Yes...you might lose anyway but if you saw a DL a LTCH your chances are better.

Naivety is not a viable defense...

Of course it is your life and you have the right to live it how you see fit...just don't pm me about a gun I have for sale if you aren't willing to show ID.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    In court when you are tried, it will by with the understanding of what a prudent man would do. Would you as a prudent man shoot someone who flipped you the bird? Of course not. Would you as a prudent man shoot someone who was trying to kill you? Of course. The "prudent man" is used by both defense and by prosecutors, if you sold to someone without asking for ID there is no way you would win in court. Ask your attorney...I have, this was also discussed with an Indiana State Circuit Judge with 30 years on the bench. Can ATF lie to you? Yes they can. Will they? Yes they will.

Will criminals lie to you? Yes
    Will you lose in civil court if you sell a gun to a murderer without asking for credentials? Yes...you might lose anyway but if you saw a DL a LTCH your chances are better.

Naivety is not a viable defense...

Of course it is your life and you have the right to live it how you see fit...just don't pm me about a gun I have for sale if you aren't willing to show ID.

I still believe a mans word is good until proven different.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I've known several persons who held government issued that did not have a photo.. it had the state seal and "No photo required" ..
    Even seen a passport that was like that.. and yes , post 9/11 ..
    I wonder if those people can leagally purchase a firearm...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    That's the downside of having a religious objection to having your picture taken. Get the proper ID and come back or work around the problem some other way. He shouldn't be able to vote, either, without his picture on his ID.

WTF?

Was there an amendment to the 2nd amendment or something?

May be some fine print there I haven't seen?

...except the Amish or any one with out a picture ID authorised and paid for in full to the opressive government of your choice.

Top Bottom