• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Just purchased a used Kimber Tactical Custom II at Gander Mountain in Castleton for $835. Been looking at the new ones for a while and while there buying ammo today (they have Remington Bucket of .22 - 1400 count for $89.00, Manager said they are releasing some each day this weekend), manager mentioned they just bought this used one.

Gun looks very new with only one holster mark on the right side of the barrel. Haven't shot it yet, but looks good overall. This was a little bit of an impulse buy, so I a kind of curious what other, more knowledgeable about this gun value think. Have not owned a Kimber product before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      595.4 KB · Views: 46

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    The II series has the firing pin block like the Colt 80 series. It should be a good shooter. If you have any feeding issues, I'd change the recoil spring and try a few Wilson mags.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I had one, the aluminium feed ramp looked like an orange peel after a few hundred rounds, very finiky with HP ammo.

I found it fed Remington HP's (not Golden Sabre) fine, along with ball ammo.

As Serpacord said it has the Swartz system, not the Colt series 80.

Can you post a pic of the feed ramp?

Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I had one, the aluminium feed ramp looked like an orange peel after a few hundred rounds, very finiky with HP ammo.

I found it fed Remington HP's (not Golden Sabre) fine, along with ball ammo.

As Serpacord said it has the Swartz system, not the Colt series 80.

Can you post a pic of the feed ramp?

will get a picture, this time I will try to post it right side up!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Funny there is a used one right now in the classifieds for $950, and this is after his price drop from $1050.
    Looks like you got a fair buy, I've had a Kimber in the past and feeding problems with it, kind of turned me off on them, since they are supposed to be a premium 1911.
    Good luck, and I hope it runs.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Those who have feeding problems usually failed to read the manual that came with the gun.
    NOTE:
    1911 style handguns were designed to
    function best with bullets that have a smooth

contoured nose. :dunno:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Nice pistol but I think the price is a little high.. MSRP is $871, but if you are happy with it I doubt it gives you any trouble. Personally, I avoid the FPS on a 1911 but that's just me.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor 1911 Mechanic

Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Disassembled the whole gun last night and gave it a through cleaning/inspection. Seems to have been very lightly used (the picture of the feed ramp was taken after I took to gun out to shoot as soon as I got it). This purchase seemed to work out pretty well. You always have the uncertainty with a used purchase, so I am happy I got lucky this time. :):

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Good price (esp from GM) on a good gun :thumbsup:. For every person who posts about their bad Kimber experience, there are dozens of happy customers that never open their mouth.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Good price (esp from GM) on a good gun :thumbsup:. For every person who posts about their bad Kimber experience, there are dozens of happy customers that never open their mouth.

Kimber made many mistakes up till 2010, the they got rid of that mistake. He now works for Sig. :cool: My Kimber was one of the bad ones but I put enough ed Brown parts into it to make it great. :cool: Newer Kimbers are suppose to be much better but I have no experience with the new ones.

Last edited:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have owned many kimbers over the years and thought they were great guns. I had a Tactical Pro that I sold on INGO last year that was one of my favorites. I sold it to buy something else, but it is one that I wish I had back.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    Picked up this Tactical Pro II at Gander Castleton last year for similar price. Love shooting it, but glad I didn't drive if off the "new" lot for $1100 plus.Kimber TPII .45 (1024x759).jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom