• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I carry a P3AT as my daily pocket pistol, i put the clip on mine, and everyone thinks it's a pocket knife. I like how small it is, i replaced my PF-9 with it because it hides easier in shorts for the summer. As far as being to small, a lot of police forces in Europe once used .380 acp as issue weapons, and i think hearing any firearm being discharged, would deter most aggressors.
    I know huh. Many even use/used .32! For quite a while you could pick up the FEG .32 used really cheap...they were retired police guns from EU.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    A friend of mine has the Kel Tec 380. He likes it a lot. I was going to get one, but ended up getting the Ruger LCP as a Christmas present. The funny thing is, after we took them both to the range, I did not like shooting either of them. My hands are too big for the gun.

If the gun is comfortable in your hands (or your wife's, I think you said you were giving it to her to carry), then you should be happy with it.

My friend still loves his Kel Tec.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    If you want a .380 that is comfortable to shoot, try a Bersa Thunder 380.

My BT380CC is two ounces heavier than my Kel Tec PF-9. That weight plus the fact that it is shooting the smaller caliber makes it a breeze to shoot.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    If you want a .380 that is comfortable to shoot, try a Bersa Thunder 380.

My BT380CC is two ounces heavier than my Kel Tec PF-9. That weight plus the fact that it is shooting the smaller caliber makes it a breeze to shoot.
    Love my thunder! It is a joy to shoot! The only thing I'm disappointed in is that I bought the single stack version. It is physically larger than the "pocket pistols" though.

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    I have an lcp and the p3-8t and love them both. both have been reliable and acceptably accurate. The finish on the lcp is more "refined" though.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I have shot the Kel-tec, Ruger, and own the Taurus 780 TCP. I don't like shooting any of them, but I put the 200 recommended break in rounds and didn't fail to feed once. I love it as a carry gun though because it goes in my pocket and you don't know it is there. They seem to be accurate enough for their purpose. If you buy a small .380 like the kel-tec you will be glad that you did.

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Handled several pocket .380s. Went with the Ruger LCP. Plenty accurate enough out to 7 yards. Has a long trigger pull that and needs to be shot to get used to it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Put a pinky extension on the magazine and a hogue or other brand slip on grip you will have a better shooting experience at the range. Worked wonders for my Taurus TCP .380, all the other pocket pistols should be similar. After you get 200 rounds through it and broke in should have acceptable groupings at 7-10 yards, just what it's intended for.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    WOW I am impressed .
    3 pages and noone has told the OP that the only thing that kills is a .45 :D

I carry a .380 Most of the time ,

Glad I'm not the only one who gets tired of hearing that 9mm and smaller are for girls and wimps. I say if you can shoot it accurately, carry it.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Glad I'm not the only one who gets tired of hearing that 9mm and smaller are for girls and wimps. I say if you can shoot it accurately, carry it.

Agreed. I love that the .380 is small and light. It will totally do the job if called upon. If its gonna be a big fire fight then I would want my AR anyway.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    :eek:I've even been known to carry a.......omg hang on tight......here it comes.......25acp!!!!!!:eek:AAAAAAAARRRGH what am I thinking? Those things just tick people off and don't even hurt:eek:! Ive dispatched raccoons AND opossums with it and those suckers don't die easily.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I like my P3AT. I've never had a problem with it at the range. I hardly notice it in my pocket. .380 isn't my first choice. But I'm fat and lazy and carrying a full size holstered pistol hasn't turned into the compulsive habit I hoped it would when I got my carry permit. I carry a full sized pistol occasionally, but usually only when I'm going somewhere that I've arbitrarily deemed more dangerous than average in my head. Gary, shady looking bars...you know the places. :D

My Kel-tec is less firepower, but at least it's some firepower and I'm way more likely to have it with me.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I had a P3AT and it just didn't fit me well. I then handled an LCP, ended up buying it and really like it. It just seems to handle better for me, I think it's the grip design. With 6+1 of Remington Gloden Sabres, I am very confident with it. I think Ruger hit a home run with this one!!!!! If you havn't already, you should check one out. They are usually only about $40 more than Kel-Tec. I am not anti Kel-Tec but on this one I prefer the Ruger.....

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I had a P3AT and it just didn't fit me well. I then handled an LCP, ended up buying it and really like it. It just seems to handle better for me, I think it's the grip design. With 6+1 of Remington Gloden Sabres, I am very confident with it. I think Ruger hit a home run with this one!!!!! If you havn't already, you should check one out. They are usually only about $40 more than Kel-Tec. I am not anti Kel-Tec but on this one I prefer the Ruger.....

I actually prefer the feel of the Ruger too. When I bought my Kel-tec it was when Ruger was still working out the kinks on the LCP, right after they introduced it.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I still carry a p3at,I have never had no problems with it. It is one of the old ones with the thick machined extractor not the sheet metal extractor. Yet had problems with the one with the sheet metal extractor. Good luck.

Top Bottom