• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quigley56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    I was at a gun show 19 March in EVV. They were making a big deal what state one was from; paying particular attention to residents of Illinois. They even stamped my hand "Indiana". If you were not from Indiana you could only buy guns via a dealer? I had my head .......... U no where and should have asked more questions. What does this mean? Can I as a resident of Indiana still buy long guns in Kentucky and drive away with them? :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [h=2]Qbuma's new rules on gun shows?[/h]

There are no new rules, merely refocused emphasis on existing rules.

I was at a gun show 19 March in EVV

Is EVV Evansville?

If you were not from Indiana you could only buy guns via a dealer?

Intrastate or interstate?

What does this mean? Can I as a resident of Indiana still buy long guns in Kentucky and drive away with them?

Are we licensees or not? Is the individual in Kentucky a licensee?

Just what do we intend to do?

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    For those not aware N.W.Indiana gun shows are being scrutinized by the Feds ,Media and the Chicago politicians. The rules have not changed as matter of fact the ATF was given a table at the last Crown Point show to answer any questions and help with answers. The promoter is trying to help those selling firearms by having the stamp on patrons hands as to who is legal to purchase firearms face to face or must use a FFL. AGAIN NO NEW laws or restrictions YET .Just follow the laws we have

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was at a gun show 19 March in EVV. They were making a big deal what state one was from; paying particular attention to residents of Illinois. They even stamped my hand "Indiana". If you were not from Indiana you could only buy guns via a dealer? I had my head .......... U no where and should have asked more questions. What does this mean? Can I as a resident of Indiana still buy long guns in Kentucky and drive away with them? :rolleyes:

I thought it was weird as well. Since you did not have to show ID, anyone could say whatever they wanted. So dealers are going to run 4473s anyway and private sellers can not rely on the stamp as proof of anything. Stupid waste of time and ink.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    For those not aware N.W.Indiana gun shows are being scrutinized by the Feds ,Media and the Chicago politicians. The rules have not changed as matter of fact the ATF was given a table at the last Crown Point show to answer any questions and help with answers. The promoter is trying to help those selling firearms by having the stamp on patrons hands as to who is legal to purchase firearms face to face or must use a FFL. AGAIN NO NEW laws or restrictions YET .Just follow the laws we have
    They'd find out when they ask for ID. But I guess it might help avoid waisted time showing someone a gun they can't buy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They'd find out when they ask for ID. But I guess it might help avoid wasted time showing someone a gun they can't buy.

THIS.

The problem I've encountered at some shows is it's hard to tell which tables are run my licensees and which are private collections (cough, cough).

I'd rather waste ink than the ticket at the 1500 - I get the ticket, turn the corner, and immediately give away the ticket. :n00b:

Top Bottom