• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If it was uncovered that the reason you went to foreign soil and fought for you beloved country was a hoax, a conspiracy, a fraud, a lie... would you still feel honored in your service?

Would your brother's death still be cherished?

Do you fight for your country, or your countrymen?

Do you serve because of a strong set of principals? Or someone else’s?

Could you serve a country that betrayed you?

This is only a hypothetical of course.

BTW Thank You for your service no matter what you feelings!

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    These questions are a lot like asking if you have ever slept with a fat chick...

First, I do not SERVE for any man.
    Second, I Do take my Oaths very seriously.

My Honor, Integrity and Pride demand certain things to keep my emotional well being happy. I am a Professional Soldier, NOT a polititian, lawyer, or a statesman. I am used to being lied to by the people who pay me. Does it change what I have done? Does it change the Honor that my Brothers and Sisters in Arms have displayed?
    We were tasked by the citizens of this Country with Defending her Honor.
    We have done that with Valor and Blood.
    What more needs said...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    These questions are a lot like asking if you have ever slept with a fat chick...

First, I do not SERVE for any man.
    Second, I Do take my Oaths very seriously.

My Honor, Integrity and Pride demand certain things to keep my emotional well being happy. I am a Professional Soldier, NOT a polititian, lawyer, or a statesman. I am used to being lied to by the people who pay me. Does it change what I have done? Does it change the Honor that my Brothers and Sisters in Arms have displayed?
    We were tasked by the citizens of this Country with Defending her Honor.
    We have done that with Valor and Blood.
    What more needs said...

I appreciate your response; however I don't understand your opening statement.

firstrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When Uncle Sam calls, we answer, period! Why??

For love of country and the beliefs that WE Americans share. For all our brothers in arms who have gone before us so that their blood and sacrifices don't go in vain. For those who have had injustices done unto them, American or not. For those that have no voice. And sometimes we just answer the call because no one else wants to!!!!

I served under the Billary administration and hated every day that I had to look at his mug on the wall with the title "Commander in Chief". Did this affect my morale or focus on the mission?? Not one bit! Had Billary sent me somewhere to die for my country I would have honorably done so without batting an eye as I know who I really work for, my fellow countrymen and women!!

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    The oath of enlistment does NOT say ... "when it suits me"

The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:
    "I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the President that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the President that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

EXACTLY what he said!^:patriot:

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    My belief is that the clauses about dis-obeying Unconstitutional Presidential Orders is a big reason so many politicians dislike the military. I think they know the oath means more to most soldiers than the comparable oath taken by politicians. It's also a good reason to keep large numbers of U.S. troops out of the country where they won't be an impediment to their policies. Just my opinion.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis

Great response above
    There are lies and deceit behind, in and around every conflict in some form or another. I served my country. I have no regrets.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Back in the Old Corps, we were instructed to do what you are told to do unless it was clearly evident that it was a criminal act. If the order was in question [in your estimation] and you refused to obey, you were in deep doo-doo. Follow the order and file charges after the fact, read CYA, and hang the individual who gave you the order. Think My Lai! What would you have done?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If it was uncovered that the reason you went to foreign soil and fought for you beloved country was a hoax, a conspiracy, a fraud, a lie... would you still feel honored in your service?

A soldier's honor comes in part , from the candor , courage and commitment he uses to carry out his duties , NOT from the mouth of a politician .

Would your brother's death still be cherished?

When you're done with your initial training and finally become a "soldier" , you realize that you've joined a "brotherhood" who's lineage spans thousands of years , and you cherish each and every one .

Do you fight for your country, or your countrymen?

Neither , it's about the person on your left and right .

Do you serve because of a strong set of principals? Or someone else’s?

I joined because I thought Iraq was my generations Nazis when they invaded Kuwait .

I served because I feel a citizen has a duty to give something back to a country that has given them so much .

Could you serve a country that betrayed you?

Personally , no longer in a military capacity .

This is only a hypothetical of course.

BTW Thank You for your service no matter what you feelings!

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    We follow orders, we take an oath and we take it serious. Granted I was a Coastie stationed abroad. Still I followed all orders given to me. At the end of the day, it was about watching your shipmates back and him/her watching yours. Because when the shtf, they are the only ones you can rely on. A huge thanks to all our vets, for those who never made it home. May God hold you.

"Semper Paratus"
    :patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom