• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Well guys and gals, PW2 shoot has come and gone. Now is the time to start preparations for PW3!

We need to decide on a Date, Location, and what to bring!

Some suggestions for dates include:

Late Nov/Early December
    Halloween
    Early January.

Any ideas are welcome, and if you have a place that can host, speak up! This thread is for brainstorming and we'll get the ball rolling!
    :welcome:
    and prepare for
    :flamethrower::biggun:PW3!!!!!:ar15::shoot:

If you have not been to a PW shoot before, don't be shy. As long as you are a decent person, and willing to help set up/ clean up, and practice safe firearms handling, you too can participate in a fantastic day of hanging with "friends", noisemaking, and target blasting! AND if you are lucky, you might learn a thing or two!

Ok, start brainstorming!!

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If you have not been to a PW shoot before, don't be shy. As long as you are a decent person, and willing to help set up/ clean up, and practice safe firearms handling, you too can participate in a fantastic day of socialization, noisemaking, and target blasting! AND if you are lucky, you might learn a thing or two!

Does that mean we pool together all the ammo and divide it equally so its more fair? :dunno:

:D

oh, I'm in. Depending on the date, but if its far enough in advance it'll be on the schedule.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Does that mean we pool together all the ammo and divide it equally so its more fair? :dunno:

:D

Yeah, I suppose I should use the thesaurus and change that word huh. ;)

As for the date, if I had to choose, I would choose early January, because I want to shoot when it's snowing. But I'm just throwing out ideas, we need to know what EVERYONE thinks.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I thought IndyMonkey had thrown out the idea of having it at his property in Oakland City.

After Thanksgiving and before Christmas would work for me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I suppose I should use the thesaurus and change that word huh. ;)

As for the date, if I had to choose, I would choose early January, because I want to shoot when it's snowing. But I'm just throwing out ideas, we need to know what EVERYONE thinks.

Honestly I think it needs to be done before Thanksgiving and after Halloween and keep away from winter.

I don't want to shoot when it's snowing because the logistics and amount of things to be brought to pull off a successful shoot will be greatly hampered if it is snowing, plus the chance of things happening in the snow and muck.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Honestly I think it needs to be done before Thanksgiving and after Halloween and keep away from winter.

I don't want to shoot when it's snowing because the logistics and amount of things to be brought to pull off a successful shoot will be greatly hampered if it is snowing, plus the chance of things happening in the snow and muck.

Valid points.

Maybe a separate snow event would be better.

I just started the thread, I hope that doesn't mean I just made myself "event organizer!" :eek:

And I do remember IndyMonkey saying he had a place we could use, but I didn't want to assume until he verified that.

millfire517

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Grant County, IN
    Like I said if we have the next shoot in the dead of Indiana cold winter time, I will be shooting at targets through my window in my truck with my heater on full blast!!!! Actually that might be a good idea, At least my brass will all be in one location:D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Jimmy made a suggestion to me about March? nice cool weather, dry and still warm enough to shoot, I don't do cold weather well, I have Reynard's syndrome, I can't keep my hands warm. But I have done shoots in the blowing snow before, but it cuts down on the getting to know people, everyone tends to stay in the car with the heater on during breaks. Just my thoughts. :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Also posting this in here for those that may not have seen it!!

I forgot to mention that anyone that took the training that would like a certificate for said training PM me your name and address, and I will get one in the mail to you. :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Early November before the start of gun season for deer would work for me on my families property.

Second option would be march.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom