• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Some of the LONG barreled Performance Center models had a sling swivel just behind the muzzle on the underlug, and another in the bottom of the grip frame.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Isn't that a revolver? Why would you put a sling on that?

Some of the LONG barreled Performance Center models had a sling swivel just behind the muzzle on the underlug, and another in the bottom of the grip frame.

Yeah its a revolver and the sling is for easy transport, Ive seen them on the Performance Center models thats what made me ask about it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't people usually put revolvers in holsters on their hip?

It depends, however lots of people carry in different ways depends on their needs and circumstances.

For handgun hunting or even working outside I like the Haugen Rancher Magnum. Here's my Haugen rig and one of my Smith M629s:

cidmedia1.jpg

But, for the 629 when I'm skiing or pig hunting or just working outside, I like chest carry.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've put slings on rifles and shotguns

Sure, lots of people have. A smart idea as, to paraphrase Clint Smith, a long gun without a sling is like a pistol without a holster.:)

I've seen slings on Encores and Contenders. Lots of guys put slings on Savage and Remington speciality pistols, especially out West.

However, for a revolver like a Smith, I'd rather have a holster, but that's just me.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Seen this on the X-Frame guns (460 & 500S&W), but never on a 629.

The first one I remember seeing was at Galyan's, back when it was actually Galyan's in Plainfield.

A couple of years ago there were some at SHOT too, I think in Atlanta, before the X frame was released.

Want to say they were 12"+ barrels.

The unlug lug had a small flat milled on the bottom, then drilled and tapped for the stud.

Top Bottom