• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    about a month ago I saw a reference to these from INGO member Indy574 in a discussion about 9mm ARs. he said it made a noticeable difference in the recoil over a standard one. caught my interest. did some searching and video watching. it's a hydraulic buffer that is supossed to reduce recoil, and reduce bolt bounce. ended up ordering the 5015 model since my PSA 9mm ar has an 8" barrel. I have no idea why they have different models for different barrel lengths on a blowback action.

https://www.kynshot.com/products/our-products//

anyway, took it to the indoor range yesterday for testing. they claim a 30% reduction. no way of actually measuring it, but I'd say it's about right. it took a few shots to readjust to the lower recoil, but once I did, I was doing double taps like never before. the ability to keep it on target for follow up shots was much improved. I only shot 55 rds due to time constaints, but I'm pleased with the results. wish I'd known about these 5 years ago when I bought the gun. In this video, he says to use it along with the orange spring from Springco at the 3:06 mark

https://sprinco-com.3dcartstores.co...ng-in-Hard-Tube-Color-Coded-Orange_p_707.html

anyone have any experience with that? on the fence about it since I'm happy with the current set up.

anyway, can't wait to shoot it again this weekend. and if the ATF blesses me with approval in the next few weeks, I'll be able to remove the brace, add a stock and VFG, and turn it into an even sweeter shooter.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Another fan of KynSHOTs here, though I went in the opposite direction and put it in an over gassed AR-10. When I initially paired it with a slightly heavier Springco buffer spring (forgot the color, believe it was green), it eliminated all my failure to feed problems and turned a gun that stings to shoot into one more comfortable to shoot than a piston driven FAL.

I don't believe the KynSHOT assisted with the tuning problems, however it did make a noticeable change to the recoil impulse. The spring was what probably made the difference with the failure to feed issues. Since then I have went triple barrel on the thing and also installed an adjustable gas block on top of the spring and KynSHOT.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Well, I took a chance for $20 and ordered the orange spring. while it may have reduced a little, it's not worth the EXTRA effort required to pull the charging handle. so I'm sticking with the original spring. a couple range buddies that had shot the gun before, shot it yesterday for the first time with the kynshot buffer. both commented on how much nicer it was to shoot. Also, the form 1 was approved in 12 days;

DSC_6216pw.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom