Purchasing multiple tacticals - Problems?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My brother is looking to purchase either M&P 15-22's or the Mossberg Tactical .22 for his kids as Christmas gifts. He is also planning on being a good uncle and getting my daughter one also. My question is... Will he have any problems purchasing 6 guns at the same time? I know there may be a problem with availability but I'm wondering if he is going to show up on the ATF radar?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    if he is buying all long guns he will not show on anyone's radar.

if he is purchasing 2 or more handguns from the same ffl within 7 days, extra paperwork is filled out by ffl and forwarded to the appropriate people.

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    if he is buying all long guns he will not show on anyone's radar.

if he is purchasing 2 or more handguns from the same ffl within 7 days, extra paperwork is filled out by ffl and forwarded to the appropriate people.

Thanks. I keep telling him if he had fewer kids he wouldn't have to worry about this stuff. He has 2 sets of twins and his wife has 3 kids!:ugh:

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Talk to the dealer ahead of time and discuss his issues/worries. The dealer might get them in and let him buy them spread out. Who knows until you talk with them.

I'd venture away from the Moss, I've just not heard 1 positive from anyone about them. A guy at the range said he just got his back AGAIN after being worked on.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'd venture away from the Moss, I've just not heard 1 positive from anyone about them. A guy at the range said he just got his back AGAIN after being worked on.
    +1 on this. I impulse bought one last year. Feels like the cheap plastic gun it is. Not to mention it is a royal PITA to disassemble and clean properly.

The M&P 15/22 is a MUCH better choice IMHO.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I didn't know that.

Buy all the guns. Who care if you're "on the radar" as long as you are lawfully using them.

Top Bottom