• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    Just tryn to get some info on these guns thinking about buying one in 357 and i have never shot one. are they decent? or should i spend my money else where

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've got an older one and it's a great shooter. I also had an EMF in .45 Colt for awhile. Imported by EMF, but made in Brazil by Rossi/Braztech. They are good guns, a little rough from the start, but will slick up with use and there are several cowboy gunsmiths around that can slick up the 1892 action. Mine is scary accurate and with proper handloads can nearly equal .30-30 ballistics with a 195gr .357 bullet.

Here are some bragging pics for you:
    50 yard group with my hot load

357group.jpg

And some lighter, fun loads
    357targets.jpg

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I had one in .357. and was well pleased with it. bought it specifically for a boar hunt at Nugents place up in michigan. I had just sold off a large portion of my collection to buy my thompson, and had a bay one the way, when the oppurtunity for the hunt came up. After talking to the guides, I picked it up based on its price, and quick avaliabilty. sighted it in at 75 yards and was able to keep groups at about an inch. took a boar at approx. 60 yards, one shot, never took another step. sold the gun after the hunt because my son was due in a few weeks. I will get another one someday.

Top Bottom