• ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Looks like it:

"Puma, the leading name in M-92 reproduction rifles is upgrading for 2009! The New Puma is being built in Italy by Chiappa Firearms. These beauties are fitted with outstanding wood furniture and finished in the finest bluing and case hardened finish. Offered with 20 inch or 24.25 inch octagonal barrels and 16 inch or 20 inch round barrels, these rifles have the smoothest and easiest handling of any Model 92.
    Available calibers will be: .357 Mag., .44 Mag., .44/40 and .45 Colt. All 20” and 24” models have a 10 round magazine capacity. The 24” barrel model has a 42.125 inch overall length and the 20” models have a 38” O.A.L. while the 16” barreled Trapper has a 7 round magazine capacity and a 34” overall length."

:dunno:

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Puma was using a manufacture in, I think it was, Brazil but when they dropped that manufacture the .454 went by the wayside.

There is also a nice price jump with the new factory.

Bucky

357Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    I thought I read something about the 454 Pumas coming apart due to the pressures. Anyone else remember that?

cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN
    I have never heard of this infact everything
    I have read about this gun is great. My stainless 20" is a great shooting gun very accurate. I have fired 200 rds +- full power and this gun is tight and the action is smooth. It really puts the hammer down on Deer.
    :draw:

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    I should be kicking myself now. My brother got a .45 Colt puma in 2007. I looked it over, but after seeing the .454 I wanted it instead. Guess I'll be getting the .45 Colt, maybe, you say price increase?

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have one and love it. I have 250+ full power .454 loads and about 100 of hot .45 Colt loads through mine. The resource that turned the trick for me was an article on GunBlast by Paco Kelly Legacy 92 .454

I can't say enough good things about my rifle. I did spend some $$ and send it off for rehab with Steve Young. I have a peep site on it now, the action is slicked up, and the thing shoots great. Even with my old eyes, I can hit anything I can see in my woods (granted, that is ~75 yards for the longest shot). The only thing I can say is that it works great on deer. I have pegged 1 with the .454 and 1 with the .45 Colt - both were hit and dropped quickly. For me, this is MUCH better than any slug gun I have ever shot. Just more natural and fun for me to use.

I have never heard of this infact everything
    I have read about this gun is great. My stainless 20" is a great shooting gun very accurate. I have fired 200 rds +- full power and this gun is tight and the action is smooth. It really puts the hammer down on Deer.
    :draw:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    I own one and shot a 6 point buck last season through heavy cover and stopped him in his tracks. It's a very accurate and does not have much recoil. I'm planning on a hog hunt this fall.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom