• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakeman88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Hello all! I have a question, I have a Puma m92 lever in 45lc that is an awesome gun! I'm hoping to take it deer hunting, however I'm having issues with the sights, does anyone have any experience with lever action sights? Not extrememly interested in a scope right now, just something else to sit on top would be nice, a ring or tang maybe?

Thank you! Any help would be apprecaited!

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    +1 on Steve Young. Besides being a great gunsmith, he is just a nice guy that works with you to figure out exactly what you want.
    Steve rehabbed a new Puma .454 for me. Not to bash my new gun, but it just felt/sounded horrible when I worked the action. He polished and cleaned up everything (action job, trigger job) and added a Williams rear sight and a fiber optic front.
    I cannot begin to tell you how nice of a package this thing is now. The gun is so simple to shoot and has really turned out to be my favorite deer gun. It is funny to me how well I can shoot with these sights - I'm no Daniel Boone, but a good peep sight is hard to beat. Where I hunt, a 50 yard shot is a long one, so this setup is perfect.
    Can't give enough praise for Steve - he made a good gun into a great gun.
    IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Before I forget, if your particular Puma is already acceptable, you can send the gun direct to Williams - they are a decent outfit that does quick, good work. They can set you up with peep rear sight and fiber optic (or whatever you prefer) front sight. They put a set on my 9422 for me and the work was more than acceptable.

Top Bottom