• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    In anticipation of the move and learning the BGE from some of you Masters, I pulled the trigger today.

Got a
    XL Egg, Plate Setter, Pizza Stone, Grids, a Cyber Q and a bunch of other stuff.

Turns out a kid that I taught in the Academy opened a place with his Dad.
    Treated me right.

I'm looking forward to learning from you guys!

Mike

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Congrats! I know I tried to talk you into the alternative but I'm sure you will be happy. Pictures of the first butt that you cook or it didn't happen!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, let's go down the Mike Grasson move to Indiana checklist shall we?

1. Mess o' guns? Check.

2. Zeal for cooking outside (in all kinds of weather)? Check.

3. Flannel shirts purchased at big box store, truck stop, or, preferably, a yard sale? Unknown at this time.

4. Dog? Unknown at this time.

Ok, I'll come back by in a little while to review the progress.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Awesome purchase, you won't regret! Well maybe you might, the Eggsessories are gonna kill you if your meat bill doesn't! Might as well get your Costco membership started as well, so you can stock up on dinner!

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    Once we are set up, I think a INGO Eggfest is a must! Is there an Indy Eggfest?

Cameramonkey, I have no problem hosting a "Come over and teach me how to use this" BBQ.

Kirk, no problem, I have plenty of Woolrich, wife has a mini Beagle, I apologize for that in advance (head hangs).

Chezuki, knives are never a problem, come by!

Vigilant, Costco Tri-Tips!!!!

And this will be the first thing I'll make!

[video=youtube;p3yb0uhk2BE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3yb0uhk2BE&noredirect=1[/video]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Chef JJ Boston's is coming up soon, but it is sold out unless you buy an Egg from him. Sullivan's Hardware has one or two a year as well.

jlupacch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Chef JJ's is this Saturday. Bought one of the demo ones. Sullivan's is usually in late summer or fall I believe.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan's is last weekend in August. Been trying to do the cook thing there but can't ever get the weekend and work to cooperate. I went to GA Mountain last year (which is this weekend) great location for a weekend getaway and a great fest. Greeneggers has the fests listed in a banner at the top of the forum. Congrats on the purchase, you won't be disappointed, just remember you do actually have to have some knowledge of cooking and what to do as the egg won't instantly make you a gourmet griller as one of my friend's found out :) feel free to hit me if you have any questions, I've been at it for a while and cook on either of mine almost every night we are home to do so rain shine ice or snow. Oh and check out naked whiz for some good general info, table photos, recipes, tips and most useful reviews of just about every lump charcoal you'll find

Top Bottom