• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I got pulled over to night for my window tinting. I told the officer that I was carring, handed him my LTCH and he was cool with that. I was asked if it was loaded?:scratch: I said " yes". Then I was asked "why"?:ugh: Ok with that question I had a lot of smart answers go threw my mind like, the owners manual said to, no where else to put the ammo, my mom told me too. But i just said " it doesn't work without it being loaded.
    The officer was nice, let me go with a warning and said my tint was a little dark.
    Over all the officer was nice.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Suprising question from an officer, but my guess is the purpose was just to see your reaction and to gauge your response. I sometimes think the questions are to get you talking so they can gauge if you have been drinking, etc...but purely a guess and I recognize it as such.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    PULLED OVER

I GOT PULLED OVER AND TOLD THE STATE TROOPER I HAD MY GUN AND HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK TOO SEE MY PERMIT.HE DID HOWEVER TAKE MY GUN WITH HIM BACK TO HIS CAR.WHEN HE GAVE IT BACK HE UNLOADED THE MAGAZINE AND PUT THE SHELLS IN MY ASHTRAY AND PUT THE GUN BEHIND THE SEAT.I ASKED EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A PERMIT TO CARRY YOU ARE STILL GONNA DO THAT.HE SAID YES FOR HIS SAFETY.KINDA UPSET ME BECAUSE IT WAS MY COLT STAINLESS LIGHTWEIGHT COMMANDER.AND I WAS IN MY WORK TRUCK WITH NOTHING TO WRAP IT IN.....

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    it has been a while since i have been pulled over (knock on wood), but i have never felt the urge to divulge any information about my carrying situation .... or anything else for that matter ... to an officer of the law

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm pretty sure that the answer that would have slipped out of my mouth would have been... "Because it doesn't work as well to throw it."

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    it has been a while since i have been pulled over (knock on wood), but i have never felt the urge to divulge any information about my carrying situation .... or anything else for that matter ... to an officer of the law

In 20+ years here in Indiana w/ a permit it has gotten me just a warning 3 out of 4 times being pulled over and disclosing that I am indeed carrying and that I have a permit..... so I will continue to do so.

Maybe its like range week in Basic Training.... we get armed and the drills are now your buddies (figure of speech only).... strange how that works!!!:draw:

I guess it all depends on the officer, but I have also found that County and State are alot more professional, polite and willing to issue warnings than the local Barney Fifes down here......

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is the kind of thing that annoys me about cops. Not every cop, of course, but what seems to be a high percentage. I've had very few encounters with police in my life, maybe three or four tickets, and perhaps a dozen or so other situations, like when my house was robbed, or when a friend attempted suicide. I try to be very polite to cops for two reasons, one, if I'm getting a ticket I might get a warning, and two, I know they have a tough job. That said, out of those few situations, in about half of them the cop was rude, or condescending, or smartassed. In the case of my friend's attempted suicide, the cop was so nasty to my friend's distraught wife, I couldn't believe it. They are good folks who live in a bad neighborhood, and the cops who arrived on the scene would have never acted that way where I lived.

To me, the cop is already in a position of power, and he works for us. If he's met with politeness, why react another way? Why would he ask why a carry gun is loaded? Was he really seeking information? Of course not, because the question is stupid. He was making an editorial comment. Which is not his place to do. Would he comment on a political sticker on my bumper? Detaining someone by force is not a small thing to me. Okay, the OP had windows tinted too dark. Fine, seems nitpicky, but it's the law. Write the ticket, or issue the warning, and keep your opinions about the exercise of fundamental rights to yourself.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    A little off-topic...but...on the window tint thing...how dark is too dark, and who determines this???

A quick intardnet perusal indicates the following...

Indiana Window Tint Law - TintCenter.com

How the heck is the 30% number figured out in the field by a cop? Sounds like another judgement call that gets a person hassled...

What a waste of time and resources...all to keep us from driving around nekkid and smokin' weed with a Thompson on the seat next to us!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom