• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hate to say it guys but a LTCH don't mean jack s--- as to a persons intent. All of you people that think a LTCH is a bon-a-fide good guy certificate don't have the slightest clue.

The same could be said about those that wear a badge on their chest. I try not to get in on the cop bashing b/c I truly believe there are some damned good and dedicated officers out there, and on INGO, that try to do the right thing. Having said that though and seeing how quickly some of you guys circle the patrol cars and stick up for one another no matter what, like the officer stating "Yep there is something on here about you", I hope that I never have to experience your interpretation of law enforcement. By pulling the guy over and asking all the seemingly innocent questions I still think he was phishing for something to nail the guy on. :twocents:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Curios...

The last one I disarmed shot himself in the left side of his chest at a rearward, downward angle.....while I was wrestling to get him under control!! Guess I waited a little too long huh? I wasn't even sure where the shot came from at first. I thought it was my backup shooting him. Luckily it was not a thru and thru or I would have been hit.

Hate to say it guys but a LTCH don't mean jack s--- as to a persons intent. All of you people that think a LTCH is a bon-a-fide good guy certificate don't have the slightest clue.

Was this guy a LTCH holder?

How many have you arrested under similar circumstances that had a Larry?

TYIA

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm not a law officer, so its likely I'm way off base... but, if this is accurate... sounds to me like the officer seen your gun at the gas station and decided to pull you over to check you out.

Came up with some random BS story about an "ARMED" robbery in Virginia....

Maybe I'm just a conspiracist? IDK... something sounds wrong here.

Did you not just read the OP's follow-up? The PD supervisor ran his plate again and BOOM...wanted hit out of VA.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Well, it means he had to pass an ISP check, and unlike some of the armed persons one might encounter, he actually went to the trouble of applying, waiting and getting fingerprinted.

Whatever his intent may be, his carrying a handgun is not an offense for which he can be detained or arrested.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Was this guy a LTCH holder?

How many have you arrested under similar circumstances that had a Larry?

TYIA

Yes he did. He had a life time and it was his fourth LTCH. I have actually arrested quite a few people with LTCH's. Not sure what a " Larry " is. A fair number of those have had criminal history's. One of those arrested was a new holder of a LTCH. He actually tried playing cop and shot at a (in his mind) suspicious vehicle. The scary part is he acted surprised when I placed him under arrest. He really didn't think he had done anything wrong. That is plain spooky.

Hey I am not kicking on the permit thing. I have had them for the past 25 years or so. But just about everyone has one now. With anything like that you will get those that will screw it up. And yea a few cops too.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well, it means he had to pass an ISP check, and unlike some of the armed persons one might encounter, he actually went to the trouble of applying, waiting and getting fingerprinted.

Whatever his intent may be, his carrying a handgun is not an offense for which he can be detained or arrested.

Yea your first paragraph is true. And for your second he wasn't detained or arrested for his carrying.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    The last one I disarmed shot himself in the left side of his chest at a rearward, downward angle.....while I was wrestling to get him under control!! Guess I waited a little too long huh? I wasn't even sure where the shot came from at first. I thought it was my backup shooting him. Luckily it was not a thru and thru or I would have been hit.

What it is is the right not to be illegally searched, illegally suspected and illegally detain of an or for a suspicion of a crime solely because they are in possession of a firearm. Unfortunately a police office or anyone else cannot tell the intent of another human being. To often police use the LTCH as the start of an investigation process instead of the end as it should be.

Maybe all the officers that are running random plates should reverse the process. Maybe they should find the name and critical info of a known criminal and try to find them instead of running innocent folks plates and trying to find something wrong that they did. Just saying....? :dunno:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Maybe all the officers that are running random plates should reverse the process. Maybe they should find the name and critical info of a known criminal and try to find them instead of running innocent folks plates and trying to find something wrong that they did. Just saying....? :dunno:

Yeah because that never happens. :n00b:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    As I recall, not so long ago a black citizen couldn't drive through Carmel without being stopped....UNTIL they did it to a State Police sergeant who took them to court.

A federal court actually had to make a ruling that Driving While Black actually is legal, even on the tree-lined wine & cheese streets of Brainardville.
    This is what I was thinking about, when I read this thread.....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well I first called Virginia State police to see if they would run my plates. I told the guy about being pulled over and what not and he said that if I was wanted in a robbery i would have been arrested. He said that I should call the pd who pulled me over and that if this would have happened to him it would be the first thing he would do.
    So I called Fishers PD tonight about the stop. I told the guy about the stop and about the robbery in Virginia thing. After him discussing how easy it is to mistype info or something along those lines he ran my plates. I said yep, its a tan malibu. The officer didnt go into specifics at all just saying that indeed something came up along the lines of a robbery in Virginia. He went on to say that I could have a similiar name or dob. He mentioned that when he runs a plate and something like this pops up he digs a little deeper and that he wouldnt pull someone over with just the info that he had. However, it was up to the officers discretion. I never got a clear understanding of what exactly connected my car or me to something going on in Virginia. Whatever I guess, I'm just a broke ass student with little knowledge of the law. Learning though. He also looked up the officer who pulled me over and left him a voice mail about the knife. If anything, the whole experience only added a little experience to my future criminal justice/law understanding.
    Now, IMHO, don't forget this experience, and don't let it get you killed, in the line of duty.... Do ALL of your homework, dig a little deeper, and keep your "spidey sense" on 100% of the time ..... NEVER let your guard down... check and double check.... YOUR job, is to go home, at the end of your shift..... Be safe out there, and be a GOOD LEO .....

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Now, IMHO, don't forget this experience, and don't let it get you killed, in the line of duty.... Do ALL of your homework, dig a little deeper, and keep your "spidey sense" on 100% of the time ..... NEVER let your guard down... check and double check.... YOUR job, is to go home, at the end of your shift..... Be safe out there, and be a GOOD LEO .....

That, or just drink coffee and eat donuts.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    What it is is the right not to be illegally searched, illegally suspected and illegally detain of an or for a suspicion of a crime solely because they are in possession of a firearm. Unfortunately a police office or anyone else cannot tell the intent of another human being. To often police use the LTCH as the start of an investigation process instead of the end as it should be.

Good lord are you not reading anything posted on this thread. What was the stop for? The stop reason was even backed up with a follow up call by the OP. So as bad as many would like it too be it wasn't fabricated stopping charges. That person is going to be disarmed no matter who they are or what they have. Once again the LTCH don't mean jack until the stuff is sorted out. IMO the officers actions were quite subdued all things considered.

Keep in mind all the MDT hits and alerts are lead information only. They don't man a whole lot except the way you deal with the person and stop. They (the person) might be 100 percent innocent. They also very well may be 100 percent guilty and ready to throw down.

I am not buying into the crap that officers are jacking with people by stopping them on TS's after learning they have a LTCH and then making up some BS stopping charge. Ain't happening. Just about any cop in this state that wants to get into something and make arrests can do so almost at leisure these days. They don't have to make stuff up.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Good lord are you not reading anything posted on this thread. What was the stop for? The stop reason was even backed up with a follow up call by the OP. So as bad as many would like it too be it wasn't fabricated stopping charges. That person is going to be disarmed no matter who they are or what they have. Once again the LTCH don't mean jack until the stuff is sorted out. IMO the officers actions were quite subdued all things considered.

Keep in mind all the MDT hits and alerts are lead information only. They don't man a whole lot except the way you deal with the person and stop. They (the person) might be 100 percent innocent. They also very well may be 100 percent guilty and ready to throw down.

I am not buying into the crap that officers are jacking with people by stopping them on TS's after learning they have a LTCH and then making up some BS stopping charge. Ain't happening. Just about any cop in this state that wants to get into something and make arrests can do so almost at leisure these days. They don't have to make stuff up.

So what you're saying from what I assume is an officers point of view is that we are all guilty until proven innocent?

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good lord are you not reading anything posted on this thread. What was the stop for? The stop reason was even backed up with a follow up call by the OP.

So you are saying that stopping someone because they have been spotted and reported as a MWAG NEVER happens?
    I can tell that you are either fibbing or have never been in law enforcement. There are SEVERAL things done all the time like this. And I am not talking about BAD cops now, either. Let's be realistic. Nobody does everything exactly right all the time. Sometimes a stop like this can seem like the only way to go, even if you know it is wrong. It ISN'T the only way, but that is another long rant.:popcorn:

Top Bottom