• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So what they're saying is... They know they're losing favor with those that are armed and want to save face any way possible?

Well, saying the equivalent of "Some of my best friends are black!" is sure to win over gun owners.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think this is all part of his manipulation of the media and the general populous. With the mindset being - look what a passionate shooter Barry is, he would never take away your guns. And then he will slip in some legislation that nobody reads and it becomes law.

Or some variant of that idea.

But I believe he's purposefully releasing this image in an effort to convince people he's really FOR responsible ownership of guns.

*(I imagine after this photo was taken, he had that gun destroyed and he went and disinfected himself from any residual gunpowder...)*

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think this is all part of his manipulation of the media and the general populous. With the mindset being - look what a passionate shooter Barry is, he would never take away your guns. And then he will slip in some legislation that nobody reads and it becomes law.

Or some variant of that idea.

But I believe he's purposefully releasing this image in an effort to convince people he's really FOR responsible ownership of guns.

*(I imagine after this photo was taken, he had that gun destroyed and he went and disinfected himself from any residual gunpowder...)*

Like most anti's (and, frankly, far too many pro-gun owners), he thinks that gun ownership is about "sporting purposes" and as long as you have a gun you can hunt with or as long as you can have two shells loaded at a time to shoot skeet, then it's all good. He has no understanding of the real reasons behind the Second Amendment and why it's so important.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Obama replied to a question from the magazine about whether he had ever shot a gun before “[Y]es, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”
    "All the time"?

Wow...I'll bet he's pretty good then. :rolleyes:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Also remember that back when he was a lowly Senator, he said that he viewed the Constitution as a document of negative rights stating what the government could not do. It did not state what a government could do for (against) you. This from a Constitutional professor from Chicago

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I also thought it was weird that he was shooting level. :confused: And I am very tired of this sportsman/hunter bull****. I want to defend the AR as a legitimate hunting rifle but at the same time I feel that this is undermining the fact that the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    423052_10151254896542596_64929483_n.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Uh huh.

Hmmmm....That was the photo that appeared on Yahoo, which also said: "The White House photo released Saturday is dated Aug. 4, 2012, and shows Obama shooting at clay targets on the range at Camp David."

However... Reuters said; "(Reuters) - President Barack Obama celebrated his 51st birthday on Saturday with a round of golf, then helicoptered to the Camp David presidential retreat for a quiet evening off the campaign trail."
    Obama spends his 51st birthday on the golf course | Reuters

Curious.

Top Bottom