• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Anyone heard of (or know) of any public-access hunting areas where feral hogs are known to be?
    I haven't heard of any in Jennings Co. yet where our land is, just didn't know if there was a semi-close area that had some that could be terminated with extreme prejudice... Little out-of-deer-season hunting to keep things sharp and fresh.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Dont think there is any in Indiana... yet. Is there?

Oh, and Im taking my bow out for my first hog hunt ever on Sunday!:rockwoot: But Im in Hawaii.:D

Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    There used to be a web site that showed where the pigs were starting to be. I dont remember Indiana being in the list yet. But it is amazing where they are getting to.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I know people are gonna hate on me for this. But this video really makes me wish we had hogs. And yes, my whole family farms. I understand the damage they can do. But this looks fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLp6DQjDjxw[/ame]

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    There were reports of hogs in... Johnson county I believe? And a county or two down south I thought...
    I believe it was the DNR website somewhere, was just looking for something more up-to-date, or somewhere they had been spotted by someone here, not just a "report".

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I'm in the Bedford area alot for work and hear tell of land owners along tunnelton road having hog problems and also in the medora area.

Don't know how true it is but that's the word in the area

Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    I know people are gonna hate on me for this. But this video really makes me wish we had hogs. And yes, my whole family farms. I understand the damage they can do. But this looks fun.

I farm and i would hate to have Hogs. Having deer is bad enough but they are isolated mostly to the edge of fields. ground Hogs eat a few beans but Hogs really tear (root) things up. I think I can drive to hunt these things.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLp6DQjDjxw
    Wow, looks like a couple of those guys need a bit more practice. Like the guy "Wendall" that has the cross-hairs right on the hog, then "jumped" on the trigger and shot the dirt 10 feet in front of the hog. WTF? You would think guys that was willing to invest tens of thousands of dollars into IR equipment like that would at least be able to make use of it... guess that just goes to show you that no matter how much money you put into a setup, it still takes a good shooter to operate it.

Don't get me wrong, at least one guy was pretty good, he made several running kill shots.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Wow, looks like a couple of those guys need a bit more practice. Like the guy "Wendall" that has the cross-hairs right on the hog, then "jumped" on the trigger and shot the dirt 10 feet in front of the hog. WTF? You would think guys that was willing to invest tens of thousands of dollars into IR equipment like that would at least be able to make use of it... guess that just goes to show you that no matter how much money you put into a setup, it still takes a good shooter to operate it.

Don't get me wrong, at least one guy was pretty good, he made several running kill shots.

I have to disagree. They made a lot of really good running shots. As for the "wendel" shot, I think the other guy was the one actually videoing. They have a lot of cool videos on their channel.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    There are pockets of hogs for sure in Lawrence, Jackson, and Washington Counties, as I know of boars being killed in each. They got their start in Lawrence County a decade ago, and I know a couple of guys that have killed at least a couple of dozen each.

A guy I know killed a rather large boar back in turkey season. He lives in Jackson County, so I assume that it was also the county in which the kill occurred.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    There are pockets of hogs for sure in Lawrence, Jackson, and Washington Counties, as I know of boars being killed in each. They got their start in Lawrence County a decade ago, and I know a couple of guys that have killed at least a couple of dozen each.

A guy I know killed a rather large boar back in turkey season. He lives in Jackson County, so I assume that it was also the county in which the kill occurred.

Hope he didn't do it with shot... Could waste an entire box that way!

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    A couple of friends of mine just went out of state to hog hunt and they both got one on the first day.... I cant remember which state though.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Jackson/Washington Counties...............maybe on private land though, not sure how much is State/National Forest there.

Ditto. Friends in the area report hogs out and about, I always hear about this in private land though. That being said, who would tell you "no" to shooting wild hogs on their land? (assuming you don't put their stock at risk).
    Never hurts to ask, same goes for coyotes.

Top Bottom