• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    What says everyone about Palmetto State Armory lowers. I know a forged lower is a forged lower, but how does the fit and finish stack up to the likes of Spikes, Daniel Defense, Mega Arms forged lowers?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I ordered one yesterday on their Easter sale. Glad to see the responses in this thread. Can't wait to get my complete lower. Already have the upper and mags, just gotta get the lower in and pick up some ammo.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Back in the day you could buy a stripped lower and a lower build kit and save some $$. Now PSA sells complete lowers for so cheap it almost doesn't make sense to assemble your own besides the fun factors.

I've put several PSA's together and they've all been just fine. I've had several "blemished" lowers and never found the blemish. I mess up a lower putting it together than what they call a blemish.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What says everyone about Palmetto State Armory lowers. I know a forged lower is a forged lower, but how does the fit and finish stack up to the likes of Spikes, Daniel Defense, Mega Arms forged lowers?

Palmettos work, I've handled several and yup, they're a forged lower. For the price and roll mark for an inexpensive lower, I'd go Anderson, but that's just me.

Fit and finish seem to be close to the Spikes I've held, but when it comes to Mega or Seekins forged, I'd spend a little more and get them. The additional attention to detail, looks, name, the extra cost is worth it to me

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    No complain in psa-lower because it is classic guns and other people are also used this guns because no issue for this guns.

Help! I can't find this key on my board.
    images

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I bought a bought and have now build 5 or 6 at least rifles on "blemished" lowers that were in my terms flawless for $50 a piece... Go PSA all the way no worries!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Best lower for the money, hands down.

While I LOVE my PSA lowers, I've got some Anderson lowers that are slightly better. The PSA blems cost me $60 and the Andersons were $50 (all came from PSA). As far as fit and finish, they're both great. All 5 five bought have been blems and I have searched for the blemish on each of them. The only thing I can think of has been some slight marks on non machined surfaces. The thing that makes me like the Andersons slightly more is that they were a better value. I'd have no problems buying more PSA lowers and already have plans to do so.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    PSA or Anderson. You'll have no issues. Great quality! Great price!
    if you want a more advanced lower then pony up the cash and buy a Seekins. But for the average guy and even the fighting man I'd just go with a psa.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I have a blemished lower from them that is excellent. The "blemish" is that the bit that they used to mill out the trigger guard area left a few tooling marks. Otherwise the fit and finish blows away my DPMS lower, if that tells you anything.

Top Bottom