• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, it looks like I'm going to be able to get a PS3 or a XBOX 360.

I've only played the PS3. And don't know anything about the XBOX. So help me decide. I don't know which one I should get.

And I don't know what size to get either. I know I can get a PS3 & a XBOX 4GB for around $300. But do I really need that size? Can I get buy with the smaller one, which is around $250.

Which do you recommend?

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a 360. I love it. I watch Netflix / Hulu / Videos from my server and play video games (occasionally). The only problem with XBox is that you have to pay ~$70 a year for XBox live service to use Netflix, Hulu or play online games. The PS online service is free but not as extensive as the 360.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Personally, I have the PS3 and wouldn't trade it for the world. TV and PS3 were the FIRST things replaced after my break in.

I've played/used both. Game play is about equal - but I really don't play any titles that are system specific (ie HALO).

Now I want to go home to Skyrim! Thanks.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I had both at one time and ended up selling the xbox. Having to pay more to get into all but the most basic online features was a HUGE turn off for me, since it is free on ps3. The whole HDD size thing is a non-issue on ps3 also, you can replace the hdd with your own 2.5 sata drive it only takes a couple minutes. The only thing I really liked more about the xbox then the ps3 was the shape and feel of the controllers but it was not enough to keep the xbox over the ps3. (There are any number of after market ps3 controllers shaped like the xbox controllers I might consider if one of my sixaxis controllers ever bites the dust.)

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I prefer PS3. Online play is free. I prefer the controller setup. I could never get used to XBOX. XBOX does seem the prefered platform when you watch the companies demo the games before release. The game option are about the same. The only game I can think of that is not on PS3 that is on XBOX is HALO, but I imagine there are others. I also watch netflix from my PS3, but I'm sure both do that.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I just got the basic $200 one, and it works perfect for me. As long as you don't plan on downloading a bunch of things (movies,game add-ons, music) than it should work fine for you also.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Take a look at the games you'll want to play and see what issues there may be for each game on the specific platform. For instance there are some issue with the PS3 and Bethesda games. As someone who plays that companies games that would not be a selling point for me. We have an XBox and everyone likes it a lot. Loads of games available for it and a nice controller.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I love our xbox!

I never pay full price for the live service. There are deals on slickdeals.net all of the time for those and they are usually around $35 for the year.

Best Buy is going to have 3 month cards for $8 on Black Friday...3 months x 4 = $32 for a year.

I think the software for the kinect has even come a long way since it came out. Daughter was just playing it last night. It's fun but it's exercise.. hehehe I'd rather sit on the couch and play. :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have played them both, I have a PS3 and love it but its what Im use to and dont like change, lol. Xbox is ok but I really dont like the controller all that well after using the PS3 controllers. Both are nice its just alot about personal preference I think.

Top Bottom