• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just found out PS3 will limit output resolution on bluray to 480i if you a component cable. ARGH! HDmI has built-in copyright protection so they don't want you cheating around it. Better to screw everyone than let a few crooks get away with something.

"When the PS3™ system (CECH-3000 series or later) is connected to a TV using a D-terminal cable, a component AV cable, or an multi AV cable (a Sony Corporation product), analogue high-definition output is restricted to comply with the copyright protection technology used by Blu-ray™ (AACS). BD video software (BD-ROM) and BDs recorded with copyright-protected video content (such as broadcast programs) are output at 480i."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a standalone bluray but I don't have enough inputs for it and PS3. I'm just going to buy an HDmI->component cable. I use optical audio. Quite annoying. I don't want to spend thousands on a new processor yet as I'd need a new projector if I was going to do that.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a standalone bluray but I don't have enough inputs for it and PS3. I'm just going to buy an HDmI->component cable. I use optical audio. Quite annoying. I don't want to spend thousands on a new processor yet as I'd need a new projector if I was going to do that.

I can hook you up on the cables if you like free better.

Anymore you either have the old non hdmi stuff or the new all hdmi stuff.... No right way to be in between. Granted having everything hdmi gets expensive... Going 3d the right way gets ubber expensive.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Not sure why anyone would buy a ps3 and not use it with hdmi in the first place. Time for a TV upgrade. :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not sure why anyone would buy a ps3 and not use it with hdmi in the first place. Time for a TV upgrade. :)

House came with a component AV processor and 1080i projector. Was built in late 2005 so they didn't go
    With top of the line. Gotta stop
    Somewhere. I'll make the full HD 3D leap in about 2 years probably

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    HD video over analog output ended in January 2011. I don't think you can buy a new stand alone player with HD over analog. By 2013 they are even removing the analog outputs completely.
    Analog sunset begins, all the new Blu-ray players will only output HD via HDMI -- Engadget

Even TVs are mostly hdmi only now. Still have some component but not as much as they used to. You can get he out of the big bulky components but they are huge.... Hdmi is one cable.... Some higher end surround sound receivers are even hdmi now.... And Ethernet.

Top Bottom