• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I received an email and am posting here for those who care...

Indianapolis Tea Party

PROTEST:

INDIANAPOLIS OBAMA VISIT

DATE: SUNDAY MAY 17 (this Sunday)

TIME: 2:30 pm- 5:00pm

LOCATION: Meet at the White River State Park Parking Lot (across from Victory Field).

PLAN: On Sunday May 17th at 2:30 p.m., We the People of Indiana will meet at the White River State Park Parking Lot. We will gather, pass out signs and then protest near the Westin Hotel. President Obama will be speaking at a fundraiser for several non-representing Representatives. Bring your friends, family, and passion!

Be Seen. Be Heard.

Please RSVP on Meetup, Facebook, or email: indyobamaprotest@gmail.com

For more information on the Keep Indiana Blue event visit: http://www.indems.org/page/event/detail/other/wrtd

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Come Show Your Support This Sunday!!

For all of you who really want to do something, please come with us and show up to protest to obamatard himself! We need all the people in Indiana to show up. If you are as truly fed up with his crap as you all seem to be you'll make time on Sunday to be there. This will be after he's done with Notre Dame and comes down here for a Keep IN Blue Fundraiser. Please show your support for the Great One by showing him how pissed you are for ruining our childrens futures!

Indianapolis Tea Party PROTEST: INDIANAPOLIS OBAMA VISIT
    DATE: SUNDAY MAY 17 (this Sunday)

TIME: 2:30 pm- 5:00pm
    LOCATION: Meet at the White River State Park Parking Lot (across from Victory Field).
    PLAN: On Sunday May 17th at 2:30 p.m., We the People of Indiana will meet at the White River State Park Parking Lot. We will gather, pass out signs and then protest near the Westin Hotel. President Obama will be speaking at a fundraiser for several non-representing Representatives. Bring your friends, family, and passion!
    Be Seen. Be Heard.
    Please RSVP on Meetup, Facebook, or email: indyobamaprotest@gmail.com For more information on the Keep Indiana Blue event visit: http://www.indems.org/page/event/detail/other/wrtd

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So we can carry, right? :):

You know, it's not illegal to carry there. I had planned on it. Although I can see myself being tackled by the SS if they saw it and the media coverage about a guy who tried to ASSASSinate the POTUS and thought twice. Not that I'm not going to but I'm debating on it. Either way, damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I DONT CARE ABOUT CARRY!!!!

JUST SHOW UP!

So many people on here talk about how they want to change something or get involved, or they just bitch to no end about things.

Well...

HERE'S YOU CHANCE TO MAKE A REAL STATEMENT!!!!!

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND LET HIM KNOW YOUR MAD AS HELL AND YOU WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

:patriot::ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There is already a strong following at Notre Dame. Some people have been arrested there aswell, including one of the Indy Defenders of Liberty members.

If you don't feel that you can make it to Indy, you will have your chance at Notre Dame in South Bend as well.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Something about civil disobedience. I didn't catch the whole thing and I can't find the email's about it either. I know he wasn't the only one though. Him and some other guy refused bail because they said what they did was a God given right and they would wait for trial in protest or something. Hell I don't know. I just seen where the guy got arrested...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As far as Notre Dame I don't know. I'm sure they'll be there in the morning for mass or whatever. IDL is only working on the protest here in Indy. IDL(Indy Defenders of Liberty) are the ones that organized the Indy Tea Party.

There will be another one July 4th and the DC March/Protest in the Fall.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Something about civil disobedience. I didn't catch the whole thing and I can't find the email's about it either. I know he wasn't the only one though. Him and some other guy refused bail because they said what they did was a God given right and they would wait for trial in protest or something. Hell I don't know. I just seen where the guy got arrested...

I'd be interested if anyone can find an article about people getting arrested at protests.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Protesters Arrested at Notre Dame - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Protesters Arrested at Notre Dame

Protesters opposed to President Obama's address to the graduating class of Notre Dame were arrested Friday after they disobeyed rules about staging their demonstration and walked onto the university campus.

Protesters opposed to President Obama's address to the graduating class of Notre Dame were arrested Friday after they disobeyed rules about staging their demonstration and walked onto the university campus.
    Obama is also receiving an honorary law degree on Sunday, a decision that has upset abortion opponents who say the Catholic university is violating its own beliefs by honoring the president.
    Protesters were told they could protest all they want in the town of South Bend, Ind., but once they stepped onto Notre Dame property, they would be arrested.
    Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes led about 50 people onto the campus. They came across the gate and about 200 yards up the driveway where campus police were waiting. They were peaceful. The police asked the protesters to leave. They refused and were taken into custody. Vans were ready to load them up.
    Perhaps the most dramatic moment happened when Father Norman Weslin of Omaha, Neb., a former army colonel and founder of the Lambs of Christ, refused to leave. He was singing and was carried off on a stretcher, not strong enough to march off on his own.
    All in all, about 15 people, a group not from the Notre Dame community, were arrested.
    Outside of the arrests, the campus was generally quiet. A lot of students say the president's visit has been a constant source of debate about the school's teachings on life.
    Both sides have been very civil. However, the activity off campus has caused some anxiety for members of the community who say that raucous protests may detract from the students' graduation day.
    Aside from the out-of-towners who are protesting, a group of students has announced it will not attend the commencement and will hold a prayer vigil elsewhere on campus instead.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT OUR PROTEST HERE, IN INDY, IS NOT ABOUT ABORTION!!!!

We are protesting the spending, the bailouts, and the trampling of the Constitution!! We are protesting the UN, the Gun Laws, the Budget, etc. Not so much abortion unless you want to address it. That's just not the main message. We are the "Teabaggers", as they like to call us, and our issues are different than that going on at Notre Dame.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd like to join the protest in South Bend, but I doubt if the cops/agents handling security will let people into the county much less the city without sending them through a metal detector followed by a triple-duty cavity search.

Top Bottom